Mad idea re: Pyramid Stage....

sequenci

On 2/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, chazwwe said:

Its one of the main things that grind my gears at festivals and larger gigs. People will walk up, see that the crowd is busy and go 'this is fine' and stop, without knowing there's loads of small gaps in front of them, rinse repeat. The amount of times I've pushed through the pyramid crowd with a lot of people grumbling at me to find a open space with 2 families having a picnic mid gig and then lots of small little spaces around them of people with their back to the stages. The pockets in crowds are so weird.

Yes, the crowd at the rear of the field, especially the pyramid, tends to cram up and gives the impression that the whole field is rammed. Noticed that during Kylie. The picnic chair and tartan rug brigade have been joined in recent years by individuals in those throw up inflatable couches. We need a bit of field etiquette during the main acts asking folk to remove such items and consider other festival goers. Failing that my more radical solution has always been a drone flying over the crowd blaring out a polite message such as ‘pack up your fucking rugs  and chairs , the field is rammed’. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, the crowd at the rear of the field, especially the pyramid, tends to cram up and gives the impression that the whole field is rammed. Noticed that during Kylie. The picnic chair and tartan rug brigade have been joined in recent years by individuals in those throw up inflatable couches. We need a bit of field etiquette during the main acts asking folk to remove such items and consider other festival goers. Failing that my more radical solution has always been a drone flying over the crowd blaring out a polite message such as ‘pack up your fucking rugs  and chairs , the field is rammed’. 

I was near the left hand tower near the sound desk during Kylies set, there was a lady laying the floor on her blanket, picnic basket and a chair set up shouting at people who were getting near her because 'my partner will be here soon'. We were at least 5 songs into Kylies set until he showed up. People don't care, they take it as they have brought a ticket so they can do what they like without being considerate of others. 

Have fun, dont let your fun interrupt or disturbed others. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I was near the left hand tower near the sound desk during Kylies set, there was a lady laying the floor on her blanket, picnic basket and a chair set up shouting at people who were getting near her because 'my partner will be here soon'. We were at least 5 songs into Kylies set until he showed up. People don't care, they take it as they have brought a ticket so they can do what they like without being considerate of others. 

Have fun, dont let your fun interrupt or disturbed others. 

That's making me angry even reading this - I think I would struggle to not say something if I was there lol

8 minutes ago, circus92 said:

That's making me angry even reading this - I think I would struggle to not say something if I was there lol

I was at Blur in Hyde Park (the Olympics going in 2012). I was making my way through the crowd back towards the bar mid-Blur performance and someone had a go at me for standing on their rug. It was night time, everyone was rammed in tight so i couldn't even see the floor if I wanted to and I was a bit pissed. I just replied 'people like you bring nothing to events like this' and carried on shuffling. What a twat.

Edited by Homer