Mad idea re: Pyramid Stage....

sequenci

11 hours ago, sequenci said:

Evening all!

This Pyramid Stage field malarkey has had me thinking, given it’s the 50th and all. I know it’s nigh on impossible, but what if there were two Pyramid stages built - one next to the other. This way you could, theoretically at least, have more bands due to easier changeovers etc - though I appreciate it’s a zany idea and highly unlikely. It ain’t Download, after all! 

You dont need 2 Pyramid  Stages built, you  just need to build a rotating stage so the changeovers are 5 minutes in between acts if you wanted to keep the music from not stopping. Its a prominent thing in the u.s. for radio festivals so they can keep the event going non stop.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

You dont need 2 Pyramid  Stages built, you  just need to build a rotating stage so the changeovers are 5 minutes in between acts if you wanted to keep the music from not stopping. Its a prominent thing in the u.s. for radio festivals so they can keep the event going non stop.

Somewhere out there a lightbulb has just gone on inside Tommy Lee's head

2 minutes ago, northernringo said:

It would be even better if they both had acts playing at the same time. That way, if you didn't like one of the acts, you could simply swivel your head and look at the other stage.

Can't think of any downsides.

Careful. You're well into triple digits, I can't protect you from yourself anymore :lol:

44 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So basically we want Bullseye.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I thought they already had a setup a bit like that, but I might have imagined it.  A quick google/youtube search turned nothing up.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

It would be even better if they both had acts playing at the same time. That way, if you didn't like one of the acts, you could simply swivel your head and look at the other Pyramid stage.

Can't think of any downsides.

Headsets that you wear that you can swap between channels so you hear the band you want to watch, like at a Silent Disco. Actually, you only need one stage for that. Macca and Kendrick won't get in each others' way performing at the same time on one stage, they can just set boundaries with each other in the green room beforehand.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Smeble said:

Car fest has a 2 stage set up. They pack a days worth of acts into an evening, whilst someone is on one stage the other is being set up for the next act, almost no gap between acts. Works well.

that said, it ain’t happening at Glastonbury.

You need gaps. Gaps are for food, booze and travel.  Gaps are good.  

I had genuinely no idea people had issues with change over times.

Surely changeover times are needed for eating, drinking and changing stages? Couldn't imagine the stress of seeing something finish on Pyramid and having to sprint round to West Holts so you wouldnt miss the start of the next act.

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Surely changeover times are needed for eating, drinking and changing stages? Couldn't imagine the stress of seeing something finish on Pyramid and having to sprint round to West Holts so you wouldnt miss the start of the next act.

Yeah, gaps are essential otherwise everyone would just be pushing in and out with 6 pints and 4 giant yorkie meals in the middle of a set.

Oh... wait.

22 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

The headliner wait is always a bit too long for my liking.