Mad idea re: Pyramid Stage....

sequenci

Evening all!

This Pyramid Stage field malarkey has had me thinking, given it’s the 50th and all. I know it’s nigh on impossible, but what if there were two Pyramid stages built - one next to the other. This way you could, theoretically at least, have more bands due to easier changeovers etc - though I appreciate it’s a zany idea and highly unlikely. It ain’t Download, after all! 

Edited by sequenci
  • Upvote 1

Just now, sequenci said:

Evening all!

This Pyramid Stage field malarkey has had me thinking, given it’s the 50th and all. I know it’s nigh on impossible, but what if there were two Pyramid stages built - one next to the other. This way you could, theoretically at least, have more bands due to easier change overs etc - though I appreciate it’s a zany idea and highly unlikely. It ain’t Download, after all! 

I know of only 1 way there will be 2 pyramid stages in that field ... and it depends on luck :) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I remember when download had 2 stages for acdc, for me it killed the buzz a bit as there was loads of unused area and it made getting around a bit awkward

Sonisphere did the main stages opposite each other with staggered times which worked great but that would mean having a stage up the hill, with so many stages already available at glasto it would seem a bit unnecessary 

18 minutes ago, sequenci said:

Evening all!

This Pyramid Stage field malarkey has had me thinking, given it’s the 50th and all. I know it’s nigh on impossible, but what if there were two Pyramid stages built - one next to the other. This way you could, theoretically at least, have more bands due to easier changeovers etc - though I appreciate it’s a zany idea and highly unlikely. It ain’t Download, after all! 

sequenci you're right it is a mad idea, have you started on your glastonbury stash already

Edited by DeadAmos
fat fingers

Not a big fan of the dual-stage thing, particularly if you want to get to the barrier for an act. Don't know if this is a typical situation but when they had this for Soundwave festival in Adelaide, as Soundgarden played on stage B, I was waiting for Faith No More at the barrier on stage A and you could hear the guitar and drum techs prepping the instruments through pretty much the whole set. Quite off-putting. 

No to two Pyramids. In all honesty the Glastonbury changeover time isn't too bad, apart from the headliner, for obvious reasons.

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Back in the dim and distant, the Reading Festival had two main stages. I don’t remember it particularly speeded up the turnaround of acts, and tending to be distracting, especially if you were in front of the empty one, watching the roadies dismantle the previous acts’ gear.

01CF7C78-4688-4253-9DD1-D90AA11E82B2.jpeg

Ideal for a sneaky Oasis reunion. Just book them both and don’t tell them 

• Upvote 14

35 minutes ago, sequenci said:

Evening all!

Car fest has a 2 stage set up. They pack a days worth of acts into an evening, whilst someone is on one stage the other is being set up for the next act, almost no gap between acts. Works well.

that said, it ain’t happening at Glastonbury.

Edited by Smeble