The Who?

Snerrick

Going to see them in Glasgow, will ask about Glastonbury once the orchestra stops playing. The tickets are a credit card sized piece of plastic on a lanyard (very un pc and unsustainable), so I reckon I can use it to blag my way backstage. I suppose they are on a lanyard as most of the audience will be at that age when they lose things easily. (Like me) 

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They're doing a gig (with orchestra) at the Royal Albert Hall. Reckon that could be worth going to? What are they like these days? 

I usually go see them when they tour, and always enjoy it. Roger’s voice isn’t quite what it was, but still passable. Last time I saw them was in 2017 and they really went for it; it was very loud (for an arena gig) - just like a Who gig should be. 

4 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

Are you thinking of these guys?

The Hu is a Mongolian rock band formed in 2016. With traditional Mongolian instrumentation, including the Morin khuur, and Mongolian throat singing, the band calls their style of music "hunnu rock", hu being a Mongolian root word for "human".Wikipedia

These guys actually are on my wishlist for a West Holts slot, they are in Europe again in June and have space free. 

They've played Bristol recently but no chance I'm ever going back to the O2, worst venue in town.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Having seen them so many times over the decades we opted for Franz Ferdinand and Sparks in the JP!  And it wasn’t to bad either! The drink helped I suppose. 

The way I saw it was I'm likely to see Jamie T for less money, for longer and more times. 

But to be honest I don't remember being very impressed with the who. And I'm a fan of their music. 

But then I think the weekend had caught up with me by then and I remember just wanting to lay down and nap.