Emily Evening Standard interview

Longdrop Bum Grapes

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Guests and an encore that is just Hey Jude x4 

I am 100% ok with this. I know it's not the most popular opinion around here but I loved the half hour version of Best of You. People were singing "woah oh woah" all evening and someone woke me up with it the next morning. 

More than happy to repeat with "na x 1 million"

1 hour ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

Sorry if already been posted but can’t see it and can’t see it online either. Interview with Emily in tonight’s Evening Standard - no big reveals but nice nonetheless. McCartney planning something “very special” and trialing reusable coffee cups....hope you can read it 🙂

FAE0DE4F-6D76-46A2-AD48-0F1684EF84B5.jpeg

Posting a sideways photo of an article that could be easily found vertically online is the most 'my dad' thing to do.

I don't say this to take the piss. It's endearing and I love you.

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Posting a sideways photo of an article that could be easily found vertically online is the most 'my dad' thing to do.

I don't say this to take the piss. It's endearing and I love you.

Hahaha - thank you! Mustn’t show this to my teenage children...

7 minutes ago, Longdrop Bum Grapes said:

Hahaha - thank you! Mustn’t show this to my teenage children...

Don't worry, it sounds like you're a generation younger than my dad.

So long as, in order to start a new MS Word document, you don't find an attachment in your emails, open it, then delete the entire contents and start from there then you've nothing to worry about.

27 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

So long as, in order to start a new MS Word document, you don't find an attachment in your emails, open it, then delete the entire contents and start from there then you've nothing to worry about.

I used to work with a lady, who when she needed to forward a PDF on to someone would print the said PDF, then scan it in and send that in an email!

1 hour ago, fat_man_joe said:

What happens if he IS your dad? 

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Filling the last few slots is interesting. I remember in the run up to 2015 Emily said they intentionally leave some slots vacant just in case someone asks to play pretty late on in the game. Exciting stuff.

That's probably how they were able to squeeze in Burt Bacharach that year. I remember he was a very late addition, and they were able to use a spare space in the schedule. I guess if they didn't fill the spot, there'd be no shortage of acts who'd like a bump up to the Pyramid.

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That's probably how they were able to squeeze in Burt Bacharach that year. I remember he was a very late addition, and they were able to use a spare space in the schedule. I guess if they didn't fill the spot, there'd be no shortage of acts who'd like a bump up to the Pyramid.

Yup and I think they are mindful of it too. I think they do it just to see if any acts get a meteoric rise between being booked and when the festival rolls around.

Usually after Coachella, the early festivals, and Big Weekend, you get a small inclining of which smaller acts are going to get massive crowds. For example, Billie Eilish was bumped from JP to other after a huge slot at Coachella and album release.

It’s smart to be honest.