Weatherall RIP

CaledonianGonzo

Jesus. What an utter shame. 

Used to go see him DJ alllll night in London way back in my student days. 

Ambient to trance upping the BPMs through different genres all night and finishing with banging techno. 

Then those Primal Scream, One Dove and SoP records...

What a sad, sad loss. 

Edited by Woffy

Well this is deeply  upsetting.  He was a hero of mine, responsible for so much good music I've enjoyed over the years.  His DJing, productions, radio shows.. His 'Masterpiece' album was what gave me the push to give DJing a go, he made it sound so effortless.

He was very kind to me when at a gig of his I went to say thanks (while he was still on the decks), more than a tad wasted.  I was looking forward to seeing him again this summer; we've got tickets to Convanenza.

RIP

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Well this is deeply  upsetting.  He was a hero of mine, responsible for so much good music I've enjoyed over the years.  His DJing, productions, radio shows.. His 'Masterpiece' album was what gave me the push to give DJing a go, he made it sound so effortless.

He was very kind to me when at a gig of his I went to say thanks (while he was still on the decks), more than a tad wasted.  I was looking forward to seeing him again this summer; we've got tickets to Convanenza.

RIP

What he said. We had tickets to Convenanza in Carcassonne. Road trip planned. Places booked. Meet up with some 90's raver pals. It's all quite scary when your heroes keep passing away. Sad day indeed and see your heroes at the first opportunity you can. 

I most likely have been to his gigs in the 90's. But it was the 90's. 🤷‍♀️

Never heard a bad word about him. Ever 

RIP another light gone too soon. 

Wow just seen this. 
For years I was under the romantic impression that these Scottish rockers Primal Scream had met ecstasy & it created one of the best albums of all time in Screamadelica - then 5 years ago I watched the documentary on the making of the record & realised it was meeting  Andy Weatherall, not ecstasy, that created it. 
The bloke picked up some average songs, totally dismantled them, & created a masterpiece that has stood the test of time 30 years later. 
For me, Screamadelica should have had “Andy Weatherall featuring Primal Scream” on the cover. 

• Upvote 3