How would you have made previous line ups stronger?

VCK

I'd have slotted Royal Blood in between Foo Fighters and A Day To Remember last year, as they suited subbing the Foos more than The 1975 and moving all the bands below the Foos down a slot would have looked just about right. Maybe given The 1975 sub slot to The Streets instead or even Tame Impala or Catfish if they were willing to take a sub slot.

Likewise, I'd have moved The Gaslight Anthem in between Alexisonfire and Royal Blood in 2015, and moved Modestep to The Libertines day. Generally that year was one of the stronger line ups over the past decade but having Gaslight that low and Alexisonfire that high just looked odd.

Then I'd have had someone headlining above Fall Out Boy in 2018. :lol: 

Well you could argue a lot of the idea you're making the line-up stronger is subjective, but I can't talk because when it was first announced Royal Blood were playing this thing, I thought it was to sub the Foos and I would have happily gone had that been the case rather than my usual party piece of being hesitant and not booking it.

Edited by charlierc

only one change per year

moving Limp Bizkit from R1 to Main on Metallica day in 2015

The Prodigy subbing RHCP in 2016 instead of Imagine Dragons

Queens Of The Stone Age co-head with Kasabian in 2017 instead of only doing a secret set

Arctic Monkeys headlining above Fall Out Boy in 2018

Prophets Of Rage somewhere on mainstage in 2019

Bring Me The Horizon subbing RATM in 2020 with Courteeners headlining R1

• 2 weeks later...

Either no Fall Out Boy in 2016, with Biffy and QOTSA co headlining and the FOB in 2018

Or FOB and Biffy in 2016, with Arctic Monkeys instead in 2018 and ofc no KOL, have Green Day instead