Low Festival 2020 (Benidorm)

DownlnAlbion

My group and I just bought weekend tickets for Low Festival after seeing their lineup on Facebook. Although Benidorm may not be the most desirable place, we reckoned the price (€54 for the weekend) to good bands ratio was pretty decent.

Has anyone ever been before/planning on going this year? Previous line ups look pretty strong and reviews online seem to be good.

Any advice on accommodation or travel would be appreciated.

ENGLISH_LOW_Cartel_IGpost@2x.png

"Benidorm may not be the most desirable place,"  Sounds like you've never been then, I'm in Benidorm at the moment it's 20 Degrees and sunny and i'm certainly not missing the British weather!, I've not been to the Low festival but it looks like it's not too far out of town, near the main rail station so you won't be too far away whether you decide to stay in the Old Town, Poniente side or the more British oriented Levante side of town, it all depends what you want and if you are staying in town before and after the festival, If you want it lively stay near the British square if a bit more cultured stay in the Old town, Beni has something for everyone. You don't say if you want a hotel or an apartment but if there's a few of you sharing an apartment or 2 might be the cheapest option, getting to town from the airport is cheapest by transfer, Hoppa usually cost about £6 each but it takes about 90 mins by the time you go round all the hotels. Taxi is quicker but more expensive. 45 mins I'd guess. I'll bet you have a blast, just ask if you want to know anything else.

Benidorm is what you make of it. as Gizoman says, you can do the British or the Spanish thing. It's a lot bigger than people think. One thing you won't be short of is hotels, there are loads of them so you should get a decent deal. And it'll be red hot!

For 54 euros its a great line up. King Giz, Temples and Metronomy are worth that alone.

Edit - re: the good deal - it does seem unusually booked up for that weekend. Maybe it's more popular that it used to be!

Edited by DDave

The TV program had a massive impact, people who had never been became curious and most who visited liked it and are now returning, in winter you can still get apartments at a good price but in peak season you are going to have to shell out, the British tend to forget that Benidorm is also the no.1 holiday destination for the Spanish (and others) too so Hotels are in high demand.

Perhaps I was a little bit harsh on Benidorm, I was unaware that it was also popular with Spanish holiday makers.

Going on the advice above, we have booked an Airbnb in the old town. Our thought process was that it’s quite near the festival site and we’d prefer to avoid staying in Levante.

We’re also going to spend a day either side of the festival in Valencia as well which should be good.

Thanks for the advice! 

18 hours ago, DownlnAlbion said:

Perhaps I was a little bit harsh on Benidorm, I was unaware that it was also popular with Spanish holiday makers.

Going on the advice above, we have booked an Airbnb in the old town. Our thought process was that it’s quite near the festival site and we’d prefer to avoid staying in Levante.

We’re also going to spend a day either side of the festival in Valencia as well which should be good.

Thanks for the advice! 

Sounds like a great break to me, one thing I forgot to mention is that Benidorm has a large gay community which is centred on the old town so you will see a lot of gay bars and clubs there. Just thought i'd mention it in case you might be wondering why all the buildings had rainbows on them!  The old town has a nice relaxed vibe i'm sure you'll enjoy it.