Dukeicon

blog_background.thumb.jpg.092dff4718b63bd17776423f3951c097.jpg

Are you a writer or poet? Did you want to perform at Glastonbury?

Our stage wants YOU. Show us what you can do. And then show everybody else.

Want to perform your work on Glastonbury Festival’s biggest poetry stage? Read on…

We’re looking for applications from experienced writers and performers, with something riveting, riotous and downright righteous to offer up to the audiences of the world’s biggest greenfield arts festival.

We operate a fast turnaround stage, so are looking for individual artists who can hit it at a dead run with the minimum of tech support, preamble, props and paraphernalia. We also have stage-time available for performers of one person spoken word shows of 1 hour in length. Bear in mind, we only have a fixed lighting rig, but a lovely crew on the sound-desk who can certainly accommodate backing tracks if required.

Genuinely confident that you will fit this bill? Send us your BEST stuff. We want to be able to see you performing live, so YouTube links or similar would be great. Audio is okay but video holds the most impact. Up to 3 web-links will give us a rounded view of what you are offering. Give us a BIO – sell yourself in a few well-crafted paragraphs.

The deadline for applications is, strictly, 5pm (GMT) on Friday 20th March 2020. 

Full Info: https://poetryandwordsblog.wordpress.com

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I entered this - it never got to the stage of anyone being chosen due to lockdown. 

On a poetry related note, I’ve just done a zoom version of my local poetry group and can’t help feeling there must be another one that’s more up my street... 

Given they’re all remote atm, can anyone recommend one? 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:28 PM, Dukeicon said:

blog_background.thumb.jpg.092dff4718b63bd17776423f3951c097.jpg

Are you a writer or poet? Did you want to perform at Glastonbury?

The deadline for applications is, strictly, 5pm (GMT) on Friday 20th March 2020. 

Full Info: https://poetryandwordsblog.wordpress.com

How fabulous. Thanks for posting this Dukeicon. 

My wife writes poetry but never does anything with it other than reciting to friends. I thought it awesome poetry before we were ever a 'thing'. To my mind's eye it's mind blowing and needs a much wider audience. I say that because I'm totally sure that a much wider audience needs it, also.

So, I shall tell her about this little number. I'm trying to cajole her out of a state of procrastination on this front. This will, hopefully, increase my armoury in helping to make that happen for her. 

So, cheers, big style. 🙂

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Uploaded my poetry showreel to Youtube so I can apply for a place performing on Poetry & Words. 

If anyone wants to watch and comment it would be appreciated! 

Here's the link, although I'll delete it in a day or two as I'm a bit secretive about linking this account to my real identity! 

https://youtu.be/wN1Ick3zPyM  

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Uploaded my poetry showreel to Youtube so I can apply for a place performing on Poetry & Words. 

If anyone wants to watch and comment it would be appreciated! 

Here's the link, although I'll delete it in a day or two as I'm a bit secretive about linking this account to my real identity! 

https://youtu.be/wN1Ick3zPyM  

I tried to take a look

The page said "get to fuck"

Screenshot_20220302-122222_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b79a751f186b51003ed9ced11217ade4.jpg

I normally steer clear of poetry, although have written some myself at times.

That said, I would definitely go to see you recite poetry somewhere. I really enjoyed listening to you recite those words. I like the choice of words, the structure, the taking us by the hand and leading us all on a journey. Top shelf stuff. 

Oh by the way - I am a prolific writer. However, i don't put anything into any order. I just keep on writing and filing the stuff away. I did actually write a children's book when I was in my 20's. I did hawk it around but didn't get anywhere with it. 

I love writing stuff - mostly complete fantasy. I write when I'm pissed and stoned at just the right moment. Mind you, I'm always pissed and stoned. That might explain the prolific writing. Steer well clear, the penny has (finally) dropped, and could go anywhere. This is, without doubt, a H & S issue..

My wife writes poetry. I'll see if I can get some of her work to put on here - or an example at least.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Good luck. Loved the ticket day one.

Thanks very much

26 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I normally steer clear of poetry, although have written some myself at times.

That said, I would definitely go to see you recite poetry somewhere. I really enjoyed listening to you recite those words. I like the choice of words, the structure, the taking us by the hand and leading us all on a journey. Top shelf stuff. 

Thank you Yog - that's the best praise I think I've had - can I stick it on a poster 🤣

"Taking us by the hand and leading us all on a journey. Top shelf stuff." - Yoghurt On A Stick

Cue punters, "what the fuck is a Yoghurt on a stick and how does it understand poetry?" 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Thanks very much

Thank you Yog - that's the best praise I think I've had - can I stick it on a poster 🤣

"Taking us by the hand and leading us all on a journey. Top shelf stuff." - Yoghurt On A Stick

Cue punters, "what the fuck is a Yoghurt on a stick and how does it understand poetry?" 

No, thanks are due to you. I meant it when I said that I really liked your stuff. It was a really nice moment bathing in those words. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That's great! Good Luck. I'll be there if you're successful - if I possibly can. If not, you could always do a stint at the efest meet up?

Good plan! I could do the ticket day poem - seems fitting, like a prayer for the upcoming October sale