Trnsmt 2021

jj200

On 5/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, Jonesy1 said:

If bands like Kasabian make themselves available next summer I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried it.

Are Kasabian changing singer?  Have they changed already?  I had assumed they would struggle to use the same "brand".

4 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Are Kasabian changing singer?  Have they changed already?  I had assumed they would struggle to use the same "brand".

Maybe Serge could take other lead vocals? I don't remember them saying they split up. Tom could also come back at some point once he has sorted himself out, come back kid.

32 minutes ago, Dales said:

Maybe Serge could take other lead vocals? I don't remember them saying they split up. Tom could also come back at some point once he has sorted himself out, come back kid.

I don't think there's a way back for him.  Last year the band said (quoting from their statement):

“But we were left with no choice but to ask Tom to leave the band. There is absolutely no way we can condone his assault conviction. Domestic violence and abuse of any kind is totally unacceptable.

“As soon as we found out about the charges made against Tom, we as a band made the decision that we could no longer work with him. Unfortunately we had to hold back this information until he was found guilty in court.”

2 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I don't think there's a way back for him.  Last year the band said (quoting from their statement):

“But we were left with no choice but to ask Tom to leave the band. There is absolutely no way we can condone his assault conviction. Domestic violence and abuse of any kind is totally unacceptable.

“As soon as we found out about the charges made against Tom, we as a band made the decision that we could no longer work with him. Unfortunately we had to hold back this information until he was found guilty in court.”

There's always a way back when there's money to be made, especially if he's prepared to own his actions and atone for them.

"He's like a completely different person now."

"We're delighted to see how much he's turned his life around."

"His response has shown us that he deserves a second chance."

"The fans have told us that it wouldn't be right to punish him any further".

And six months after that it's forgotten never to be mentioned again. I should say that while I'm poking fun at the way it'll inevitably go down, this is absolutely not intended to in any way diminish his actions, it's just pointing out the reality of the entertainment business.

5 hours ago, Johndenis said:

I think they most likely meant that when they said it but all the lines that "incident" quoted out are the sort of lines that get trotted out when someone wants to milk the cash cow. I think they could probably do fine with Serge on vocals and they may try that for a while although he may want to concentrate on his solo S.L.P project.

2 hours ago, incident said:

There's always a way back when there's money to be made, especially if he's prepared to own his actions and atone for them.

"He's like a completely different person now."

"We're delighted to see how much he's turned his life around."

"His response has shown us that he deserves a second chance."

"The fans have told us that it wouldn't be right to punish him any further".

Some time in the distant future I can see a huge reunion tour and festival headline slots with the full original lineup. Time does not always heal but it does give time to conviently forget. it's amazing what promotors and fans can choose to ignore when it suits them.

1 hour ago, Dales said:

I think they most likely meant that when they said it but all the lines that "incident" quoted out are the sort of lines that get trotted out when someone wants to milk the cash cow. I think they could probably do fine with Serge on vocals and they may try that for a while although he may want to concentrate on his solo S.L.P project.

Some time in the distant future I can see a huge reunion tour and festival headline slots with the full original lineup. Time does not always heal but it does give time to conviently forget. it's amazing what promotors and fans can choose to ignore when it suits them.

Maybe in the past - I don't think any festivals would touch them nowadays - they're getting enough shit for not having enough female headliners and not having a 50/50 split, imagine if they let him play?

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Maybe in the past - I don't think any festivals would touch them nowadays - they're getting enough shit for not having enough female headliners and not having a 50/50 split, imagine if they let him play?

Good Point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, thetime said:

Interesting that Ian Brown is on the bill, maybe different guidelines for festival between Scotland and England. 

Hope he stays 

They're saying they'll go on Government and council guidance. 

Seeing him once was one time too many for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 6:21 PM, Dales said:

Talking of milking cows, they did well out of that first album.

What's Chris Karloff up to? He was the brains of the operation. 

13 hours ago, xtrmntr75 said:

Talking of milking cows, they did well out of that first album.

What's Chris Karloff up to? He was the brains of the operation. 

I read somwhere many years ago that he had another project Black Onassis but can't seem to remember coming across any of their stuff or even seeing them advertised as playing gigs/festivals.

I think he ended up in New York, so maybe having a career over there. It's odd that as a song writer not much has been heard of him since leaving well not be me anyway. Can't say I even remember why he left. Seem to vaguely remember reading musical differences but that could cover a multitude of things/sins.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, heartsink said:

First time going to trsnmt this year, I went to t in the park once and it was a cracking festival. Wondering if trsmt actually has more going on than the three stages advertised? 

First time going here too, just bought Sat and Sun tickets.  We are in our 40's, so hope there will be a few oldies there too! :D

Is there someone else coming from an amber list country? I'm figuring out what to do with this required Day 2 PCR test in Scotland. It says on the Gov website to book on the CTM platform, but that needs a UK home address ("You are not allowed to order tests [..] for people who are not normally resident at the delivery address"). Since I'm just a tourist I obviously don't have a UK home address (I also don't think my hotel would accept packages being sent to them).

Does anyone know what to do? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lemons said:

Got tickets for the Sunday. Happy to just go see Chem Bros but could make a day of it. Check out Declan McKenna and a couple of others. We're late 20s, is Trnsmt a mixed crowd or full of kids?

Mixed ish but mostly kids. I’d guess Sunday will have the highest average age with the chems. Think it was the only day that originally sold out as was meant to be Capaldi.

Full weekend tickets going really cheap on twickets.

I wish I knew for certain whether my Courteeners and Snow Patrol gigs in Manchester were 100% going ahead at the end of the month. I've always been a bit sceptical about getting that far with live shows. If I knew they weren't I'd be able to channel that money into cheap tickets and a hotel for this one and see the same bands plus those I would've seen at Neighbourhood. Annoying!