Trnsmt 2021

jj200

24 minutes ago, Dukey said:

AJ Tracey was in first email they sent out, but he's not on the posters online now

The TBC slots were Aitch, AJ Tracey and Dermot Kennedy on Main

Wait, so they've decided to make some acts that were already announced for the 2020 festivals TBAs for the 2021 festival?

3 hours ago, Dukey said:

AJ Tracey was in first email they sent out, but he's not on the posters online now

The TBC slots were Aitch, AJ Tracey and Dermot Kennedy on Main

I was noticing that too with AJ Tracey. It says on the event page that AJ is playing. My theory is that he was confirmed a bit later on but had everyone else confirmed so sent the posters to the artists ready to make an announcement & then AJ was confirmed shortly afterwards. A bit odd, but I’m thinking he’s playing on Saturday 

On 5/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, Stuart1000 said:

I honesty don’t get why they have replicated the entire lineup. All of the ‘new bands’ booked for lower stages aren’t going to be new bands in July 2021. What about bands who breakthrough in the next year? Are they going to be denied festival slots next summer?

Lewis Capaldi’s debut album will be more than TWO YEARS OLD by the time the 2021 Festival rolls around.

Add to that there COULD  be some bands coming out of retirement or bands going on tour next year it’s crazy rebooking the same line up.

Theres talk of the prodigy touring after the album for KF.

Imagine losing out on someone like that or Kasabian for Capaldi ?

On 5/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, Stuart1000 said:

I honesty don’t get why they have replicated the entire lineup. All of the ‘new bands’ booked for lower stages aren’t going to be new bands in July 2021. What about bands who breakthrough in the next year? Are they going to be denied festival slots next summer?

Lewis Capaldi’s debut album will be more than TWO YEARS OLD by the time the 2021 Festival rolls around.

Whose to say he won't have another album out/just coming out by July 2021?

• 3 months later...

Did Post Malone’s Glasgow Green gig that was around TRNSMT weekend ever get rescheduled? I wonder if he’ll be part of next year’s Summer Sessions since he’s playing Reading & Leeds. I don’t know if they’d book them for it but I’d love to see Queens of the Stone Age do a night too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:49 PM, kingcrawler said:

Did Post Malone’s Glasgow Green gig that was around TRNSMT weekend ever get rescheduled? I wonder if he’ll be part of next year’s Summer Sessions since he’s playing Reading & Leeds. I don’t know if they’d book them for it but I’d love to see Queens of the Stone Age do a night too.

His show was cancelled all together. Guns N Roses & the Hellamega show both got rescheduled to Bellahouston which is disappointing as I prefer Green. Would love QOTSA to announce a show soon, it’s not billed as a U.K. exclusive so we should hear something soon

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, stanh said:

announcement coming tomorrow at 10am!👀

Biffy's Bellahouston gig was moved to Glasgow Green earlier today to Thurs 9th of September so likely TRNSMT will move to the 10/11/12th I'd guess. 

• Upvote 1

I was half considering a Saturday day ticket if Foals were there as them, Georgia, The Murder Capital and Liam Gallagher would make for a decent day out but I don’t think I’ll bother now. 

Very surprised that Ian Brown’s still on there. I’ll be surprised if this doesn’t mostly sell out anyway so surely it’s an easy win to get rid of him and book someone less problematic.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was half considering a Saturday day ticket if Foals were there as them, Georgia, The Murder Capital and Liam Gallagher would make for a decent day out but I don’t think I’ll bother now. 

Very surprised that Ian Brown’s still on there. I’ll be surprised if this doesn’t mostly sell out anyway so surely it’s an easy win to get rid of him and book someone less problematic.

Yeah, could swap him for Morrissey.