Trnsmt 2021

jj200

Main contenders I can think:

Gerry Cinnamon- new album sometime, Hampden this year, sells tix for fun and cheap as chips

Kasabian- only playing Leicester this year, probs new album and lots of dates next summer, DF always book them

Paolo Nutini- If he's about could see him doing it, must be back sometime soon

Biffy Clyro- new album soon and always booked

Main certainties are that they will continue as they have done last two years of booking British artists who appeal to the kinda 16-25 range as it is clearly working for them and they wont change a winning formula.

• 2 months later...

It’s going to be more or less the same as 2020. Keane were meant to be playing a festival in Newcastle the day before their TRNSMT day & have confirmed that they’re playing the Newcastle festival in 2021 so they’ll be sure to come to TRNSMT too as it’s the same week. Don’t imagine many artists changing tbh

I honesty don’t get why they have replicated the entire lineup. All of the ‘new bands’ booked for lower stages aren’t going to be new bands in July 2021. What about bands who breakthrough in the next year? Are they going to be denied festival slots next summer?

Lewis Capaldi’s debut album will be more than TWO YEARS OLD by the time the 2021 Festival rolls around.

18 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

I honesty don’t get why they have replicated the entire lineup. All of the ‘new bands’ booked for lower stages aren’t going to be new bands in July 2021. What about bands who breakthrough in the next year? Are they going to be denied festival slots next summer?

Lewis Capaldi’s debut album will be more than TWO YEARS OLD by the time the 2021 Festival rolls around.

Well if you look at it from their perspective, a lot of the acts further down the lineup who this year were deemed ‘new’ or ‘up and coming’ may be much bigger come next year, therefore making the lineup look stronger. I get what you’re saying about new acts (although I’m sure there will be significantly less popping up what with everything going on) but this and many other lineups doing similar are gonna look pretty stacked next year if just a couple of the lower acts hit it big.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Well if you look at it from their perspective, a lot of the acts further down the lineup who this year were deemed ‘new’ or ‘up and coming’ may be much bigger come next year, therefore making the lineup look stronger. I get what you’re saying about new acts (although I’m sure there will be significantly less popping up what with everything going on) but this and many other lineups doing similar are gonna look pretty stacked next year if just a couple of the lower acts hit it big.

You’re right but it might also be the opposite. Are Lewis Capaldi and Sam Fender still going to be as popular two years on from the release of their debut albums? What if a lot of the ‘new’ acts don’t take off and they’re stuck with an artist who’s album underperformed a year ago in a Main Stage slot?

Nobody was asking them to rush release a lineup. They could’ve waited until later in the year to understand a bit about what popular music might look like in 2021 before announcing a full lineup.

Edited by Stuart1000

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Valid point but I can’t see any artists getting ‘bigger’ between now and then unless they become a tik tok meme.

I’m sorry I know my comment is awful but there is a lot of truth in it. The biggest hits at the moment are memes.

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Valid point but I can’t see any artists getting ‘bigger’ between now and then unless they become a tik tok meme.

I’m sorry I know my comment is awful but there is a lot of truth in it. The biggest hits at the moment are memes.

I don’t think many will really make a significant step up, but all it takes is one hit single or a new album release and boom, they should be a couple more places up lineups. We’ve got over a year until these festivals so a lot of time for some currently rising acts to cement themselves as more than that, if only through some tiktok bullshit. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

There are so many bullshit negative posts in here in regards to booking the same lineup. If it was one that was liked people wouldn't bat an eye lid over it.

Well... yeah obviously. Isn’t it a given that if the lineup was better it would have less complaints?