New venue in the common for 2020

dotdash79

I was just looking for at something and came across this about the common:

NEW VENUE FOR 2020!

We’re making something incredibly special for you. Amidst the well-loved rave-arenas of The Temple and the Rum Shack a new and sparkling jewel is emerging, a secret, sacred well, a portal to another world! Prepare to be submerged in sound and born again… More details coming soon! Samula is going to another level!

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-common/

I wonder what it could be?

Apologies if this has been posted already

Edited by dotdash79

4 hours ago, mcshed said:

So it'll be Samula they are talking about, which was The Cave before it was Samula.

Yeah, sounds like they’ve grander designs for the watery cave place this year, which is a slight surprise as I thought it went down very well in its last incarnation. Very cool watery screens effect. On the other side of the Temple to the Rum Shack.

65104675_925230744486339_705666409226122

ANDREW-WHITTON-NME-GLASTO19-1318-WEB.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never got into anywhere in the common. That needs to change for 2020.

The Temple is one of the best places at the festival for me.  Especially at sunrise when you're on the top shelf :danced:

7 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah, sounds like they’ve grander designs for the watery cave place this year, which is a slight surprise as I thought it went down very well in its last incarnation. Very cool watery screens effect. On the other side of the Temple to the Rum Shack.

65104675_925230744486339_705666409226122

ANDREW-WHITTON-NME-GLASTO19-1318-WEB.jpg

Agree, I thought samula was very well done, spent several hours off me bonce on the balconies above the waterfall. If they are improving this further then fair play because they could have definitely got away with doing the exact same thing and having many happy punters.

13 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wha..???

Never been in the Temple, Fuzz??

Well, that has to change! Right DJ, right crowd in there...? Quality

Ben

I know, I need to get in there really!

I queued up for an hour in (I think) 2016. After an hour I was still quite a way from getting in and I didn't bother waiting any longer.

If the line up is right this year, I might mooch over at Headliner time and check it out..

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know, I need to get in there really!

I queued up for an hour in (I think) 2016. After an hour I was still quite a way from getting in and I didn't bother waiting any longer.

If the line up is right this year, I might mooch over at Headliner time and check it out..

That's the secret.

A couple of times I've done a tactical move prior to the end of a headliner, then legged it South-East and charged smugly into a rapidly filling Temple!

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Bit clueless about that area of the festival to be honest. Is there any kind of common theme to the music & DJs booked for each venue, or is it a wild variation depending on who's playing?

Looks like an amazing place, but if it's wall to wall D&B then that's not for me... 😏