Pyramid, Sunday: all women ...?

eFestivals

7 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Good research, thank you. So that's only one in the last 21 Pyramid days with an all male line up (if we count this with Metronomy, even though the reverse possibly wouldn't) despite an overwhelming majority of musicians being male. If we start thinking about every one of 7 acts on one day coming from a small minority (roughly, will vary with mixed groups) of the pool, the odds of it happening without it being forced are absolutely huge. Let's not force it and patronise women (many of whom deserve that stage on merit) in the process, let's ensure there is equality of opportunity to get into music. Then, the best women will rise (and have risen) to the top in exactly the same way males do, it's not their gender that determines whether they do or not. Of course, if there’s evidence of discrimination then that absolutely should be called out but imbalance on line-ups isn’t evidence of it.

oh my god you are so boring

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Hahaha. Well, I was certainly bored, at least. Doesn’t make it any less true though I’m afraid, as lovely as it would be if the music industry was 50/50 and these calls were justified. 

This weird idea that music festivals are somehow outside the industry and can only react to it. Festivals ARE the music industry. They actually do have a say in who makes it up. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2020 at 12:50 AM, chazwwe said:

Oh okay, so because there's a rumour going around that it might happen and a rumour going around saying it WONT happen, thats them making it into a gimmick and making a point regarding to it? 

So a festival can never have a day start to finish that is a womans line up because thats going to be a 'gimmick'.

Got ya. 

If they had just done it rather than make a big point before about female bookings and the acts not being around then it wouldn't be as as big a thing. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If they had just done it rather than make a big point before about female bookings and the acts not being around then it wouldn't be as as big a thing. 

I mean, all festivals are now talking about it. Even Reading and Leeds. Emily got asked about it in every interview for months. 

How else can they do it, they either don't do it out of reason because they'll get backlash, or they just say fuck it and they do it.

I don't think it'll happen as a heads up. 

51 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I mean, all festivals are now talking about it. Even Reading and Leeds. Emily got asked about it in every interview for months. 

How else can they do it, they either don't do it out of reason because they'll get backlash, or they just say fuck it and they do it.

And isn't that a result! 

The music industry is riddled with sexism. Female acts are suppressed and abused by dicks in positions of power. Its a real shit-fest if you care to open your eyes. 

Well done Emily for using your position to make a difference. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

And isn't that a result! 

The music industry is riddled with sexism. Female acts are suppressed and abused by dicks in positions of power. Its a real shit-fest if you care to open your eyes. 

Well done Emily for using your position to make a difference. 

Oh no, I'm on the side that its a good thing, this was in a reply to 'they should of done it without talking about it, now because they've spoken about it its a gimmick' comment 

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, chazwwe said:

She didn't get asked about a whole day of female acts though did she?, may have got asked about female acts playing etc. What I'm saying is don't turn something into something else that doesn't need to be done just to prove a point. But that's me done on that matter 

Could Suzanne Vega be another female making an appearance?  Her being the first female to headline the festival (yes I'm at that part of the book) and there being some surprises suggested by EE, surely this would be a nod to the last 50 years whilst recognising female artists.

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

Could Suzanne Vega be another female making an appearance?  Her being the first female to headline the festival (yes I'm at that part of the book) and there being some surprises suggested by EE, surely this would be a nod to the last 50 years whilst recognising female artists.

She was great when I saw her at BDs, and that's from someone who only knew three of her songs. Great acoustic set.

23 minutes ago, Padgey said:

she's quite a regular anyway. It's possible that she'd be on the bill without it being anything about the 50th.