Pyramid, Sunday: all women ...?

eFestivals

It's only a gimmick if it's tokenism. Some of the biggest stars on the planet is not that. 

Taylor Swift and Diana Ross are not gimmick acts. You could easily fill the pyramid with female acts and not impact the festival in any other way. There would still be a good spread across the other stages and you would still have quality must see acts. 

I think it would be fucking awesome and shut those other fuckers up with their stupid comments about there not being enough talent or guitars or some such nonsense. 

It's a statement and yeah it's ridiculous that it needs to be made. But here we are. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm assuming that's bollocks as it's the Star, but if it was that'd be pretty cool. Plus it would make Piers Morgan explode, which would be even better.

Piers Morgan wouldn’t genuinely explode though, he’d just pretend to explode to get attention, viewers and clicks.

.........and everyone will fall for it once again.

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Image result for ascot ladies day

Glasto joins the nobs

Honestly though, if glasto does it they are just following trend, it'll be all hashtag all women's day on Instagram and Twitter etc and just show how mainstream and commercial Glastonbury has got....way more since Emily took over tbh. Michael Eavis would be happy without all that rubbish.

• Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Honestly though, if glasto does it they are just following trend, it'll be all hashtag all women's day on Instagram and Twitter etc and just show how mainstream and commercial Glastonbury has got....way more since Emily took over tbh. Michael Eavis would be happy without all that rubbish.

Gaz is making a grab for some long overdue attention here with a hot take...

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If this was satire it would be the best satire ever. 

The source of this being the Daily Star is easy to make one question it. But given a lot of recent debates about achieving gender balance in festivals, I reckon its a good way to show it is possible. The idea of more being 50-50 balanced is probably going to be a while but I think a demonstration event to show its possible to do something like this is a decent place to start, especially with a lot of big name acts potentially filling out the schedule.

Though given another article has since said "not this year", maybe its all ultimately just been a passing mention. But in another year, if a suitable line-up is available, could be worth giving it a go.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gaz is making a grab for some long overdue attention here with a hot take...

I don't care about attention, it's purely my view that suddenly they can make a day of females while previously not having people they consider to be at the the top. What was stopping then having 7 out of 9 acts or whatever previously if they couldn't fill the top 2. 

I think this would be a fantastic idea, but only if they make no issue out of it. Just do it as if it’s nothing out of the ordinary, don’t big it up or give it a silly name. 

the only danger of a ‘ladies day’ is if the crowds are small, it would give ammo to the haters, but as long as the acts are there on merit and just happen to be women why would  the crowds be small? Personally I couldn’t give a fuck what sex an artist is, if they are good, they are good.

the media would definitely make a thing out of it though, which is probably why it won’t happen.

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Gimmicks are gimmicks. Why is equality a gimmick?

Because they are making it into a gimmick by making a point of equality and not just booking acts for the slots. Stick to booking acts on the merit etc and not making a point of it like it's a whole big thing that's why. It's going to be a 'thing's to book women before long and it should just be if they are around and have the recognition then they are booked and it's left like that.

The festival scene might as well turn into a sexism scene against booking women for slots when it's really not as if women aren't ever booked.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Because they are making it into a gimmick by making a point of equality and not just booking acts for the slots. Stick to booking acts on the merit etc and not making a point of it like it's a whole big thing that's why. It's going to be a 'thing's to book women before long and it should just be if they are around and have the recognition then they are booked and it's left like that.

The festival scene might as well turn into a sexism scene against booking women for slots when it's really not as if women aren't ever booked.

Didn't you hear CG? Pencilled in for April.

Edited by Tuna