Pyramid, Sunday: all women ...?

eFestivals

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Love it. Bloody love it.

Get me a picnic blanket and a chair, STAT.

Sling on Kacey Musgraves before Diana and I'll be camped the whole afternoon/evening for the first time.

I think Dua > Kenny works better but I do agree it'd be nice for a 'party' atmosphere before Taylor. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Really hoping LDR is Friday.

I don't get that kind of melancholic music. I need a beat / or for it to be loud in the main. To me she's very boring. I want a party before Swift. I am not into Dua Lipa either, but she would be upbeat and I could get into it. Preference for before Taylor.... Lizzo.

LDR is a massive act and I am sure for the fans she will be a big hit. I will be somewhere else though I hope.

This this this. I don't mind Lana but Lizzo into Taylor would be immense. 

Nothing to see here...

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-organisers-respond-rumours-3843020

Is there any truth in the rumour?

Those who were in favour of the proposal will be disappointed to hear it is just a rumour and nothing more.

Glastonbury Festival told Bristol Live there are 'no plans' for an all-female lineup on the Pyramid Stage.

A spokesperson said: "Although the two acts we’ve announced for Sunday so far are obviously female - Taylor Swift and Diana Ross - there are no plans for Sunday’s Pyramid line-up to be entirely made up of female acts."

Edited by Northtim

What sort of behaviour is that, getting an actual confirmation from the festival rather than indulging in pure speculation and guesswork?! Honestly... 

Wild statement too from that article on the Friday headliner: 🙄

There is plenty of speculation around who the third and final headliner could be, with tipped acts including Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen and Guns N' Roses.

Have they got the right year?! 😂

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just to clarify @eastynh I'm not denying that there's a massive imbalance in who attends the festival, and it sounds like you're in more of a place to see some of the reasons and impacts around that than I am.  And not offended at all :)

For me the question around it is how the festival would do it without forcing the issue through targeted, segregated ticket sales or pricing bands. But not one for an internet forum while you're at work. And I REALLY need to do some work today :lol:

i will start a thread later when I finish work as I do not want to derail this thread too much.

It is an interesting topic and I do think a lot more can be done.

• Upvote 1

Truth stage had an all female day last year (Sunday I think?) and no one appeared to give two hoots. I get this is a different scale and going to generate headlines, but it's been done before at the festival (and let's not forget the female-only tent too!) As others have said above, would be great to have an all female day as well as more female acts across all stages, especially the main five or so. 

Just now, sirjonnyp said:

Truth stage had an all female day last year (Sunday I think?) and no one appeared to give two hoots. I get this is a different scale and going to generate headlines, but it's been done before at the festival (and let's not forget the female-only tent too!) As others have said above, would be great to have an all female day as well as more female acts across all stages, especially the main five or so. 

You must have missed the thread on here... 

6 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

I don't remember people calling the days when the Pyramid stage was wall to wall men a gimmick. Maybe it'll just happen organically based on who's big, Pyramid level and available?

The sad thing is if it does happen. People will call it out as something progressive and others will say its a gimmick. Can't win. 

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Eh? Most of Liverpool is there!

Not this year!! No one I know got tickets! The see tickets servers blocked us out. 😀

I know the supposed idea has been shot down - but ideally it'd be something that happened naturally (I know it hasn't before), it would be brilliant to have an equal split of the best/most deserving artists around.

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Not this year!! No one I know got tickets! The see tickets servers blocked us out. 😀

I know the supposed idea has been shot down - but ideally it'd be something that happened naturally (I know it hasn't before), it would be brilliant to have an equal split of the best/most deserving artists around.

along with most of the south west ... time for them to open them up for the resale ..... dont know if this is practically possible .... im sure there are some it people on here who can tell us ?