Pyramid, Sunday: all women ...?

eFestivals

5 minutes ago, Lyons_89 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51485570

'Lana Del Rey and Diana Ross are other female acts who've already been announced but, overall, an equal gender split is unlikely this year. '

Has Lana been confirmed?? 

nope. Good spot. :) 

Possibly just cock-up, but also possibly something that was said last night. Good enough for a rumour I reckon.

15 minutes ago, Lyons_89 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51485570

'Lana Del Rey and Diana Ross are other female acts who've already been announced but, overall, an equal gender split is unlikely this year. '

Has Lana been confirmed?? 

The only thing is, the BBC are quoting it from nothing, not what Emily has said. But god I hope. Would make sense on the Sunday.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope. Good spot. :) 

Possibly just cock-up, but also possibly something that was said last night. Good enough for a rumour I reckon.

In Emilys interview with NME she was going to mention a female act? but said she wont say anything because she will be announcing herself last night...  what came of that??? Did Lana Del Ray say something and everyone has missed it?? 

1 minute ago, Havors said:

In Emilys interview with NME she was going to mention a female act? but said she wont say anything because she will be announcing herself last night...  what came of that??? Did Lana Del Ray say something and everyone has missed it?? 

Slowthai ruined the night

wait a sec.. Lana won an award last night for best album in the world .Maybe she forgot to self confirm.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Havors said:

when I saw the vid this morning, I presumed it was emily getting things slightly wrong and referring to Taylor Swift, but perhaps Lana Del Ray was expected last night.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

when I saw the vid this morning, I presumed it was emily getting things slightly wrong and referring to Taylor Swift, but perhaps Lana Del Ray was expected last night.

If Lana was there last night then i think its a good chance its her.... think emily said something like "someone who i think is here" and interview seemed to know who she meant but emily wouldnt let her guess....  Maybe she was meant to self announce last night but never? 

Edited by Havors

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

If Lana was there last night then i think its a good chance its her.... think emily said something like "someone who i think is here" and interview seemed to know who she meant but emily wouldnt let her guess....  Maybe she was meant to self announce last night but never? 

#fuckingconfirmed

I’m pretty sure Lana just sent a tweet to accept the award though?

I don't get the negative opinions about this.

An all female day is a massive statement.  It shows Glasto's intention going forward.  It will make other festivals and promoters take note and pay attention.

I think it will be a cracking Sunday.

I might even get the gold hotpants out again.

Now, where did that I ♥️ Sausage flag go?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don't get the negative opinions about this.

An all female day is a massive statement.  It shows Glasto's intention going forward.  It will make other festivals and promoters take note and pay attention.

I think it will be a cracking Sunday.

I might even get the gold hotpants out again.

Now, where did that I ♥️ Sausage flag go?

I think people are just concerened that the media and usual 'subjects' will see it as just a quick reaction to the current talking points and see it as bit of a gimmick, but wouldn't bat an eye if it was the same for males. 

7 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Didn’t TRSMT do this last year? Remember them launching an all female stage or something and it being completely slated? 

They got absolutely slaughtered for it yeah. Think this year they just thought fuck it and didn't book any females at all 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Think you've just answered your own question there...

Ah, come on... didn't look that bad!

And I don't have enough days in my life where I can wear them.

• Like 1