Pyramid, Sunday: all women ...?

eFestivals

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I’d rather see a better spread of women across the top echelons of the lineup than just lumping them all into one day.

You would but I’d personally think that saying look women can fill a whole day of her biggest stage in the world will get more publicity. 

I also think there’s going to be loads of women filling those top spots anyway (too) this year

When doing my prediction in the predictions thread I did an all female Pyramid Sunday didn't mention it and nobody batted an eyelid, there really are a tonne of top female acts about at the moment so you can do this without it feeling like a gimmick and with a reasonable (certainly better than Reading/TRNSMT) amount of women spread around elsewhere as well.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Makes it look like it's just a theme day though, rather than normalising something as festivals should be doing.

Potentially, but if the rest of the lineup is well balanced then not such an issue.  If he rest of the lineup is a sausage fest then yeah, very gimmicky. Also with Glastonbury it feels like more of another step in a sequence.  If R&L or TRNSMT do it next year then it would absolutely look like  a gimmick reaction to this year's criticism.

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know this idea was shot down quite a bit on here when suggested but I had a feeling they might’ve gone down this route. 

Kacey Musgraves > Diana Ross > Alicia Keys > Lana? > Taylor Swift

Probably Haim in there somewhere as well.

Think Kacey Musgraves is busy on the Sunday but could definitely see it being something like Haim > Diana Ross > Alicia Keys > Dua Lipa > Taylor Swift. I agree with others saying that would be a bit gimmicky but equally that would be a brilliant run of acts and a great way to end the festival.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

images.jpg.774b2b3cca59eaf9be3295bacb896578.jpg

This Daily Star....?

yup. It publishes crap, but the peeps who do the music stuff are generally well-connected and do get accurate stories.

And this is an odd story for them to have made up, so I reckon it's from a source of some kind, quite possibly from last night's NME awards (which would suggest Emily, Michael, or Taylor).