Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m really interested why Foos are in the unlikely category. 

I just don't see it. I get that there's a gap in their dates and have nothing in the UK but I don't see them performing as a full band somewhere. As has been said, I don't think they have the relationship with GF that some seem to think, they've played twice in their whole career, consider how many times they've done Reading for comparison.

A Grohl walk-on with Macca however is a distinct possibility.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just don't see it. I get that there's a gap in their dates and have nothing in the UK but I don't see them performing as a full band somewhere. As has been said, I don't think they have the relationship with GF that some seem to think, they've played twice in their whole career, consider how many times they've done Reading for comparison.

A Grohl walk-on with Macca however is a distinct possibility.

The argument is valid because it is a pretty big “what if” but they only got the headline gig three years ago, and they came close in 2015. Dave on stage was visibly beaming and they did a lot of BBC press in the lead up to the festival. I think they’ve got on board with the festival heavily in the past few years. I’m pretty sure the 50th anniversary on their 25th anniversary as a band would at least turn Dave‘s head. Especially when one of his heroes McCarntey is on the bill. I could see the band looking at this and being like “yeah we wanna get involved in that”.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The argument is valid because it is a pretty big “what if” but they only got the headline gig three years ago, and they came close in 2015. Dave on stage was visibly beaming and they did a lot of BBC press in the lead up to the festival. I think they’ve got on board with the festival heavily in the past few years. I’m pretty sure the 50th anniversary on their 25th anniversary as a band would at least turn Dave‘s head. Especially when one of his heroes McCarntey is on the bill. I could see the band looking at this and being like “yeah we wanna get involved in that”.

We shall see, but I'm deeply sceptical...

Besides, the JP or Park stages are nowhere near big enough for him to sprint around.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Besides, the JP or Park stages are nowhere near big enough for him to sprint around.

Which is why I think it will be a TBA on the pyramid.

I’m thinking Emily’s “we’ve gone big on the rock slot” is a TBA on the pyramid on the Friday which is actually the foos. We have been duped to think that Aerosmith are the rock slot! Duped I tell you!

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Which is why I think it will be a TBA on the pyramid.

I’m thinking Emily’s “we’ve gone big on the rock slot” is a TBA on the pyramid on the Friday which is actually the foos. We have been duped to think that Aerosmith are the rock slot! Duped I tell you!

Bold statement. 

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sprinting aside.... Just get them on! any stage that is not a tent so we can all get to see them!  Fingers crossed here. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

They are playing on the 21st?

NME has got them down for both, don't know if that's correct?

Foo Fighters Tour Dates:

JUNE
10 – Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany
14 – Area Expo, Milan, Italy
16 – Arena de Nimes, Nimes, France
19 – Artes Y Las Ciencias, Valencia, Spain
20 – Bela Vista Park, Lisbon, Portugal
27 – Bela Vista Park, Lisbon, Portugal

https://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-announce-new-summer-european-tour-dates-2607152

Just now, ErnestWorthing said:

NME has got them down for both, don't know if that's correct?

Foo Fighters Tour Dates:

JUNE
10 – Waldbuhne, Berlin, Germany
14 – Area Expo, Milan, Italy
16 – Arena de Nimes, Nimes, France
19 – Artes Y Las Ciencias, Valencia, Spain
20 – Bela Vista Park, Lisbon, Portugal
27 – Bela Vista Park, Lisbon, Portugal

https://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-announce-new-summer-european-tour-dates-2607152

20th looks more likely going by those dates. Unless they're planning on spending a week on the Algarve.

5 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Would like a shorter foos set. Thing that always puts me off them is how long they play with all the band intro stuff. Them coming on, playing like 11 songs in quick succession then leaving would be quality

They would probably still do it

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Would like a shorter foos set. Thing that always puts me off them is how long they play with all the band intro stuff. Them coming on, playing like 11 songs in quick succession then leaving would be quality

100% agree on this - they really did go on a bit when I saw them last year.

How good would that be - come on stage, belt out 11-12 bangers and leave?  I for one would love to see it

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

They'd probably recycle their patter about going to play all night long which is about as stale as a week old Gregg's bap

Or a joke about whether they are doing a good job supporting Kendrick Lamar or whatever lol. “We will play for a couple of hours. I’m sure [headliner] wouldn’t mind!” 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

The endless fucking noodling at the end of every song and Grohl’s incessant bigging up got pretty tiresome during their GF set. They could have fit another 4/5 songs in had they just showed a little restraint.

But what about them best of you woaaaahs

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The endless fucking noodling at the end of every song and Grohl’s incessant bigging up got pretty tiresome during their GF set. They could have fit another 4/5 songs in had they just showed a little restraint.

Yeah drove me mad the 2 times I've seen them before which is why I skipped their glasto set. Why intro the band for 20 minutes when everyone already knows who you all are