Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I did wonder why I'd not heard anything about Rolf Harris's PR team rehabilitating him.

I don't think that there's a PR team that would take on that task.

Last I read about him, he'd wandered into a school playground to pick up some wood? :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Honestly, it doesn't take much to google 'Tyson Fury Homophobia' and considering it's followed him for much of his career there's plenty of articles to choose from. He's a great athlete with some very grim, backwards views.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/tyson-fury-will-have-lost-a-few-fans-with-his-pretty-inflammatory-comments-on-homosexuality-48503?cacheTtl=5&cacheKey=request-browser-httpswwwsportsjoeieboxingtyson-fury-will-have-lost-a-few-fans-with-his-pretty-inflammatory-comments-on-homosexuality48503

I’ve read his book. He was in the middle of his breakdown before the Klitschko fight and in the aftermath. No excuse but people were telling me it was before that. As anyone who’s struggled with mental health issues will tell you pressure accelerates  those issues and some people turn to drink/drugs/food whatever else and start acting out of character. 

Fury is a man of god and when he says he loves all Gods children I believe him. Fury, like me is a traveller and will have experienced as much prejudice as anyone in this world. 

I’ll let people draw their own conclusions why other people in the public eye have gotten away with a lot worse than what Fury has said in the past but yanno he’s just a backwards pikey isn’t he and we all know what they’re like. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’ve read his book. He was in the middle of his breakdown before the Klitschko fight and in the aftermath. No excuse but people were telling me it was before that. As anyone who’s struggled with mental health issues will tell you pressure accelerates  those issues and some people turn to drink/drugs/food whatever else and start acting out of character. 

Fury is a man of god and when he says he loves all Gods children I believe him. Fury, like me is a traveller and will have experienced as much prejudice as anyone in this world. 

I’ll let people draw their own conclusions why other people in the public eye have gotten away with a lot worse than what Fury has said in the past but yanno he’s just a backwards pikey isn’t he and we all know what they’re like. 

He said he's hang is sister over two years before the title fight.  He's made homophobic comments for all of his career.  He can say what he likes about loving everyone, but it's totally contradicted by his comments - Using God as an excuse is pathetic.  I have a lot of respect for Fury as a boxer and for what he has come through, both recently and throughout his life.  In no way do I believe "he’s just a backwards pikey isn’t he and we all know what they’re like."  But he has said utterly reprehensible things time and time again, and my guess would be he still believes those things, but has finally realised he shouldn't say them in public if he wants to maximise his earning potential.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

if memory serves me correct they had some Kangaroos bouncing around ? ..... id try to forget but its still in there 

a few years back my mate invited my round to see the expense piece of Art him and his wife had saved up and invested in. It was an origianal painting by Rolf Harris.

Now it doesnt even get a place in the loo :)

He was gutted when Rolf's true nature came out!

10 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Sadly, plenty of men of god claim to love all of Gods children but they don't like gay people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Sadly, plenty of men of god claim to love all of Gods children but they don't like gay people.

Like Tim Farron he got off lightly, so did Borris Johnson. I’m just highlighting the unequal treatment. Fury in my opinion has received unequal stigma than other people in the public eye and I have my explanation of why even if nobody else agrees I stand by it.

The massive twist is Emily announces the Fury Joshua fight is on the Pyramid. 

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Like Tim Farron he got off lightly, so did Borris Johnson. I’m just highlighting the unequal treatment. Fury in my opinion has received unequal stigma than other people in the public eye and I have my explanation of why even if nobody else agrees I stand by it.

The massive twist is Emily announces the Fury Joshua fight is on the Pyramid. 

Oh, don't worry - I think Boris Johnson is just as much of a c**t as Fury, and Farron's religiously inspired homophobia is definitely on the same levels.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:20 PM, Ommadawn said:

Wasn't that the argument made by Emma Thompson when she flew all the way over from America just to attend one of Greta's rallies? She said she'd plant a few trees to compensate for the carbon footprint, when it might have been better to plant the trees and and not to travel.  

How would people feel if the festival asked you to do this this year? 

On 3/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, Smeble said:

Presumably not on the farm, the cows might object.

No, of course not :), but why can't the festival purchase a few acres of land elsewhere. Festival goers could purchase a tree and in time, the wood would help offset the festivals' carbon footprint and leave a legacy for decades to come, long after the festival has ceased to be. 

13 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

No, of course not :), but why can't the festival purchase a few acres of land elsewhere. Festival goers could purchase a tree and in time, the wood would help offset the festivals' carbon footprint and leave a legacy for decades to come, long after the festival has ceased to be. 

I'd guess they'd request a donation to The Woodland Trust or something like that, they then plant the trees for the festival. 

• 10 months later...