Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

They were not shite, I went with low expectations but was pleasantly  surprised. Where I was there was a good atmosphere and after a shit day it was the pickup I needed.

We had complete opposite days ahah, it was a takedown from a fucking great day for me. The fun of subjectivity eh

I was at Pheonix. Had a bit of a row with my friend because they were maybe 45mins late starting because of technical issues and she wanted to meet up with our friends at foo's. I told her to go meet them herself but she wouldnt. Too bad for her. Loved every second but eventually gave in and caught the end of foos... wish I stayed at Pheonix (regrets but no regrets).

15 hours ago, priest17 said:

I was at The Jackson's and I wouldn't say I regret it but they were shite. I enjoyed the end of Alt-J. Really though I consider King Gizzard my Saturday night headliners.

Me too. I’ve banged on about it loads on here but that Crows Nest set was a 10 on 10 for me. Absolutely mind bending. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, priest17 said:

We had complete opposite days ahah, it was a takedown from a fucking great day for me. The fun of subjectivity eh

Guess so, I had a really bad day, made lots of bad choices, had a major attack of the Glastonbury blues, and they were just what I needed. Either way, they weren’t shite. Just not what you were hoping for.

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

When ask about his 80th birthday he said that he was doing something big.... His birthday is in June... He is also touring but it was that something big.. Maybe reading to much into things.. 

Got a lot of love for him but would be a bit of an odd booking, where do you place him as the legends slot is already taken. The legends slot is well publicised as the 4th headliner, be a bit odd to have another legends slot crowbared in

5 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Got a lot of love for him but would be a bit of an odd booking, where do you place him as the legends slot is already taken. The legends slot is well publicised as the 4th headliner, be a bit odd to have another legends slot crowbared in

Yea BUT as I said before.. If Em E is right you could have a legend spot on both pyramid and other stages.. Long shot.. But hey life's a long shot.. 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

How entitled we've become. Greta turning up would be a big surprise!

Would it?  The Pyramid afternoon speaker slot is well established, and i'd say given the festival's ethos i'd be majorly surprised if she didn't fill it this year.  She's not exactly the Dalai Lama...

Edited by GrumpyRaver

12 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Would it?  The Pyramid afternoon speaker slot is well established, and i'd say given the festival's ethos i'd be majorly surprised if she didn't fill it this year.  She's not exactly the Dalai Lama...

I bet you shook the presents under the tree before Christmas day, so when the 25th came round, you could congratulate yourself on a correct prediction.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I bet you shook the presents under the tree before Christmas day, so when the 25th came round, you could congratulate yourself on a correct prediction.

I don't even snoop on my presents, despite my partner being epically shit at hiding them.  If Pete Doherty had my willpower, The Libertines might have become the greatest British band since The Beatles.

But away from my desire to maintain surprises even when it would be easier not to, I genuinely believe that most people with more than a passing knowledge of the festival and the type of acts/people who've appeared in recent years would have predicted that Greta would appear this year a long time back.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it - She's appeared on so many people's predicted lineups and posters on here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gsansom said:

Said it before, saying it again. Greta to open the Pyramid on the Friday leading into The 1975 (revealed a la Libertines)

They ain’t that close.

But yes I think our Greta will be at the festival this year.

Also, where is that user that accused us of supporting Greta and it being a version of hitler youth? 

Just now, Matt42 said:

They ain’t that close.

But yes I think our Greta will be at the festival this year.

Also, where is that user that accused us of supporting Greta and it being a version of hitler youth? 

I guess she has to make a decision based on the generally not good impact of festivals (yes I know Glastonbury is making steps in improving that ) versus the impact she will be able to make in crowd education .... she also Travels in environmentally friendly ways so it would also depend if this was possible ... 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I guess she has to make a decision based on the generally not good impact of festivals (yes I know Glastonbury is making steps in improving that ) versus the impact she will be able to make in crowd education .... she also Travels in environmentally friendly ways so it would also depend if this was possible ... 

I'd be surprised to see her show up for those reasons. Like, it might be cool to join up brand Greta Thunberg with brand Glastonbury but really, Greta Thunberg going to a dairy farm to speak on climate change to tens of thousands of people who have travelled to Somerset in various not-so-climate-friendly ways isn't good PR and it would be used as a stick to beat her with.