Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

9 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I was at The Jackson's and I wouldn't say I regret it but they were shite. I enjoyed the end of Alt-J. Really though I consider King Gizzard my Saturday night headliners.

We sacked off The Jacksons after spending all day at WH and went to the SE Corner early for Dead Kennedys and the secret Toots and The Maytals show.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Everybody missed FJM and Phoenix?

Father John, Missed he was.

Those two and The National made for a great evening. I've seen Father John Misty a few times since then but that JP set is still the best, probably my highlight of that festival other than Radiohead. 

Phoenix reminded me of M83 the year before, the tent was maybe 2/3 full at best but they put on a brilliant set and it was a really good way to spend Saturday night.

15 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Phoenix reminded me of M83 the year before, the tent was maybe 2/3 full at best but they put on a brilliant set and it was a really good way to spend Saturday night.

M83 were brilliant. Been a massive fan since.

Watched Warpaint while Foos were on. Small crowd, but was great seeing one of my favourite bands headline the Park from front-centre

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Everybody missed FJM and Phoenix?

Father John, Missed he was.

We could not decide whether we wanted to see FF or Phoenix, but stayed in the Pyramid after the National as we had a good spot. I had enough and decided I'd rather watch Phoenix in a much smaller place. We ended up at the fence in John Peel and Phoenix were incredible, as always. They never disappoint. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Obviously they were a dud booking, a band on their last legs who'll never scale those heights (or be cared about) again

But they weren't Panic at the Disco level light in the crowd, were they? And maybe, if memory serves, BBK had the weakest headliner turnout of the weekend.

I walked from my tent to see Shaggy (yes I know), and BBK had a tiny crowd. I felt sorry for them tbh. Never seen the other stage like that for a headliner. Seen it busier 1st thing (not on a Friday)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I have a friend - with a near encyclopedic knowledge of grime - who was at BBK that night and said it was weird and he almost left, because it was basically the whole of the crew taking it in turns to do solo material. Which was fine for the likes of JME, but having, for example, Frisco, doing solo material during a headline set on the other stage just led to extended periods of lots of people not really knowing what was going on.

Edited by waltere

On 2/17/2020 at 9:42 AM, GrumpyRaver said:

I don’t think anybody was disputing that...

Yea 3 names were mentioned I just noted that this was the case is all old son... As Em Eavis has said that both pyramid and other stages were going to be nearly the same music wise I wonder if the other stage will have a legend spot... Think it would be a good idea personally.. 

38 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea 3 names were mentioned I just noted that this was the case is all old son... As Em Eavis has said that both pyramid and other stages were going to be nearly the same music wise I wonder if the other stage will have a legend spot... Think it would be a good idea personally.. 

Maybe foo fighters

12 hours ago, priest17 said:

I was at The Jackson's and I wouldn't say I regret it but they were shite. I enjoyed the end of Alt-J. Really though I consider King Gizzard my Saturday night headliners.

They were not shite, I went with low expectations but was pleasantly  surprised. Where I was there was a good atmosphere and after a shit day it was the pickup I needed.

Edited by Smeble