Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The endless fucking noodling at the end of every song and Grohl’s incessant bigging up got pretty tiresome during their GF set. They could have fit another 4/5 songs in had they just showed a little restraint.

Amen. No-one needs a nine minute version of Monkey Wrench.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I loved that set. I regret nothing.

I loved the set too, but its now the 3rd time I've seen them live over the course of 5 years and then their footage from Reading it shows they pretty much play the same set now. So I wont be in a rush to see them again.

BUT, 10-11 songs of hits without fluff would be a lot of fun. 

They're in the category of bands that I could happily watch on the basis of knowing that even if the setlist is unchanged, I'd still enjoy it.  Wouldn't make them top of my list in the even of clashes, but would be a strong option for a singalong.

See also: Coldplay.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Best of You went on so long I actually managed to sober up during it.

hahaha well at least we know for next time.... stock up before they start to keep yourself going

to be fair though they did do an extended set... obviously felt they didnt have enough festival songs so dragged a load of them out a bit 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Bands I could watch knowing the setlist, who wouldn't be top of the list to see, but would be a good option... Guns N Roses.  They fall perfectly into that category.

I'd want them to be in that list but I just don't know how much I'd trust Axl to behave and make it worth my while

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

They're in the category of bands that I could happily watch on the basis of knowing that even if the setlist is unchanged, I'd still enjoy it.  Wouldn't make them top of my list in the even of clashes, but would be a strong option for a singalong.

See also: Coldplay.

Will Ferrell Agree GIF

I loved that Foos set and don't regret missing The Jacksons at all. Maybe would have been better having a couple more songs in but I thought his interaction with the crowd was good and helped make the set even better as you could tell he was enjoying himself. 

46 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd want them to be in that list but I just don't know how much I'd trust Axl to behave and make it worth my while

Saw them a few years ago in London and it was good. It'd be the same set again and I have no desire to spend 100 quid todo it again, but I they were very good.

The foo fighters leave me cold. Never seen them live and no doubt I'd enjoy them if I was there, but if I didn't bother a few years ago at Glastonbury, I probably never would. I'd take a secret set though.

Coldplay and Ed Sheeran can get in the - "No chance would I watch them" bin. I was gutted when Chris Martin turned up with Kylie and I have a bad feeling Dead Sheeran will pop up with Swift.

1 minute ago, wro_lap said:

I reckon Adele’s one of those who doesn’t intend to do a full tour again, but may at some point come back to headline Glastonbury. Could even see her playing the legends slot in decades to come.

Yeah that’s what her fan base say. Sounds like the type of artist to play one or two massive dates to promote material, but not a huge huge tour.

Then again I never thought rage would do a world tour again. Stranger things happen.

Adele surely has to headline Coachella one year. I think she might be a shout for Coachella next year I reckon. It would be a good date to do in the US to promote an album.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah that’s what her fan base say. Sounds like the type of artist to play one or two massive dates to promote material, but not a huge huge tour.

Then again I never thought rage would do a world tour again. Stranger things happen.

Adele surely has to headline Coachella one year. I think she might be a shout for Coachella next year I reckon. It would be a good date to do in the US to promote an album.

Hmmm maybe. She seems fairly adamant about the whole “not touring again” thing, so I think she’d come back to Glasto simply because of her love for the festival.