Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

12 minutes ago, henry bear said:

First year I went, 1983. Obviously pre-mobile phones, there were a couple of phones you could queue up to use, and I ended up in the farmhouse kitchen using the landline there (seems unbelievable now). My memory of it is rather vague, but I remember Jean was there, and their little girl...

I do remember now ... but others might not ... possibly a new kitchen table by now :)

6 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Old Tom Jones is 80 this year and touring.... Think he might pop up.. Wouldn't be unusual lol

check his tour dates. Would be pretty unusual to hop around that much. And his voice isnt what it used to be. Cant go slogging on 3  gigs in a row plus coming from Germany in top of it. And has to be Friday.

Edited by Suprefan

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

check his tour dates. Would be pretty unusual to hop around that much. And his voice isnt what it used to be. Cant go slogging on 3  gigs in a row plus coming from Germany in top of it. And has to be Friday.

We've not god a 'special' / 'legend' slot for the Friday yet though. 

Tom Jones/Aerosmith/Diana Ross 

On 2/13/2020 at 1:32 PM, GlastoDrums said:

Know they only played in 2017 but Foo Fighters have just announced June Europe dates with no UK date yet.

Dave Grohl also casually said that the band have finished a new record, in an interview on the Ringer podcast that was released yesterday. They have a big history of doing small intimate pop up gigs out of nowhere and it's their 25th anniversary. 

Glasto gap. Anniversaries galore. Dave Grohl loves a surprise. Could see it happening as a TBC slot... 

...maybe 

Yes please 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having new music out is different to being rehearsed and road ready.  Has she played any small gigs since breaking through or have they all been big production affairs?

According to the COS article I read the closest shes come to a performance is singing with the band at a mates wedding. With is being a 'surprise' slot in whatever guise, i.e. not headlining, surely production is less of an issue? 

I'm sure she wouldn't go into it without warming up, but could still be on her road back to touring for her new album (if she decides to, wouldn't surprise me if she chooses not to).

9 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

According to the COS article I read the closest shes come to a performance is singing with the band at a mates wedding. With is being a 'surprise' slot in whatever guise, i.e. not headlining, surely production is less of an issue? 

I'm sure she wouldn't go into it without warming up, but could still be on her road back to touring for her new album (if she decides to, wouldn't surprise me if she chooses not to).

Popping up on the Bandstand midday on Saturday. 

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having new music out is different to being rehearsed and road ready.  Has she played any small gigs since breaking through or have they all been big production affairs?

she's just wound up the company she'd set up for touring, so I reckon she doesn't intend to tour again.

Mind you, she did sing in a pub over the weekend, tho at a mate's wedding.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Just to throw another name in the ring (I think, might have missed it on here but) Adele?

She's got a new album out this year? She clearly enjoyed herself headlining so could want to come back.

There's a strong argument that there is no need for her to come back this soon I suppose. 

She will probably be attending but I don’t think she will be performing. I think Adele just isn’t the type to do a secret set or something. I know I’m the person advocating that Foo Fighters are but Adele doesn’t really enjoy the spotlight and she only uses it when she has to.

She does however, have new music incoming. I am certain the press know about this as her personal life is being reported on heavily at the moment. She’s slowly coming back into the public eye.

Adele's an interesting one, clearly loves making music and the actual act of performing but hates everything else associated with being a major pop star. Pulled a few massive gigs at Wembley at the end of her last tour due to illness.

I don't see it, she'll be there absolutely leathered I'm sure, but not up on a stage.

• Upvote 1

Was going to post this in the Foos thread, but probably a better fit for here:

Headliners from the last decade likely to turn up in some capacity...

• Coldplay
  • Metallica
  • Damon Albarn (in which guise I don't know)
  • Kasabian

Unlikely:

• Foos
  • Muse
  • Arcade Fire
  • Mumfords
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • The Sheeranator

Won't:

• Adele
  • Beyonce
  • U2
  • Stormzy/The Cure/Killers
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Kanye

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Adele's an interesting one, clearly loves making music and the actual act of performing but hates everything else associated with being a major pop star. Pulled a few massive gigs at Wembley at the end of her last tour due to illness.

I don't see it, she'll be there absolutely leathered I'm sure, but not up on a stage.

Bravo Hugh Jason. Up vote for you for putting exactly what I’m thinking into perfect words.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Was going to post this in the Foos thread, but probably a better fit for here:

Headliners from the last decade likely to turn up in some capacity...

• Coldplay
  • Metallica
  • Damon Albarn (in which guise I don't know)
  • Kasabian

Unlikely:

• Foos
  • Muse
  • Arcade Fire
  • Mumfords
  • Arctic Monkeys
  • The Sheeranator

Won't:

• Adele
  • Beyonce
  • U2
  • Stormzy/The Cure/Killers
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Kanye

I’m really interested why Foos are in the unlikely category.