Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

2 hours ago, Damon said:

A great cure for the insomniacs more like, nothing upsets me more than watching that wet flannel flop around a stage for an hour.

Jeez... I’m no Chris Martin megafan but nothing upsets you more? Don’t watch then 😂

6 hours ago, Smeble said:

Yes, apparently the other stage crew were surprised by the weather.🙄

The area at the front of the stage was a quagmire and they wouldn’t let folk in that area until they got woodchips and straw put down.  Michael drove up in his faithful land rover and took charge. Didn’t they say that there wasn’t any wood chips left in the south of England, the whole stock was in the festival site.? There’s a huge pile of the stuff now up at the farm, near Mary’s gate. James were really good. No sit down! But finished with laid. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The area at the front of the stage was a quagmire and they wouldn’t let folk in that area until they got woodchips and straw put down.  Michael drove up in his faithful land rover and took charge. Didn’t they say that there wasn’t any wood chips left in the south of England, the whole stock was in the festival site.? There’s a huge pile of the stuff now up at the farm, near Mary’s gate. James were really good. No sit down! But finished with laid. 

My point is they didn’t even start putting wood chip down until after James were supposed to start. It had been raining for days, yet nobody thought to do anything about the quagmire until then? 

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

My point is they didn’t even start putting wood chip down until after James were supposed to start. It had been raining for days, yet nobody thought to do anything about the quagmire until then? 

True, I remember the late arrival of the chips and Michael asking why they weren’t already down. James were worth the wait though!

8 hours ago, Smeble said:

I thought that was tied up with the whole "all the wood chip in the country is at Worthy Farm" stuff. I.e. they were struggling to get hold of enough wood chips.

4 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Faithless on the Other stage. Surely played some of the greatest sets of all time at Glastonbury, would only be right for the 50th.

Would love to see The XX as well

Faithless aren't a live entity anymore unfortunately. You just get Sister Bliss DJing under the Faithless moniker. 

33 minutes ago, gsansom said:

So theres a few name that have been thrown around before but have now gone cold. Of the big pop acts that could steal the day on the pyramid who would people like to see as a surprise lineup addition. I'm thinking along the lines of Missy, Timberlake, Pink, Gwen...

Missy Elliot doesn’t seem to be coming to Europe

Justin Timberlake is a headliner

I don’t think Pink is touring Europe

Gwen Stefani is very much still on.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Faithless aren't a live entity anymore unfortunately. You just get Sister Bliss DJing under the Faithless moniker. 

That would make it a very significant big surprise if it happened then

Not many people that would reform for a one off I suppose, although it is the 50th....

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I thought that was tied up with the whole "all the wood chip in the country is at Worthy Farm" stuff. I.e. they were struggling to get hold of enough wood chips.

I remember hearing that on worthy fm. Michael arrived and magically so did a tractor pulling a load of wood chips.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:04 PM, billum said:

If only there was a way of evenly distributing the crowd of people in a field

The new walkway down the middle from the back does a lot of good here.  If anything it could do with a connecting walkway running perpendicular to help the same issues from the sides and feed people towards the middle more.  People respected it on the whole and it provides an excellent midpoint escape area for anyone who gets anxious or panicky in crowds.  On the whole one of the best improvements of recent years for me.

14 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I’ve seen their kitchen table (can’t remember the wood involved), and the rest of the kitchen too.

As long as it’s made of a sustainable wood, don’t want Greta Thunberg sitting down for a cuppa before her pyramid opening speech in June at a b and q plastic laminate  table 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

whats the story behind this .... youve probably mentioned it before ... but as im forgetful  I can enjoy it for a second time :) 

First year I went, 1983. Obviously pre-mobile phones, there were a couple of phones you could queue up to use, and I ended up in the farmhouse kitchen using the landline there (seems unbelievable now). My memory of it is rather vague, but I remember Jean was there, and their little girl...