Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

Do we know why they are making the pyramid field larger? Is it an ongoing thing for licensing reasons? I can’t think of any band or individual that would require more space, how rammed at the back was it for kylie or Adele?

Very rammed all the way back for Kylie - although there were several quite big pockets of space towards the middle of the crowd from what others have said....

If only there was a way of evenly distributing the crowd of people in a field, so all the 'empty' spaces get occupied! One day, using personal wearable alerts based on info from drones perhaps, but sadly not for Glasto50...

10 minutes ago, billum said:

Very rammed all the way back for Kylie - although there were several quite big pockets of space towards the middle of the crowd from what others have said....

If only there was a way of evenly distributing the crowd of people in a field, so all the 'empty' spaces get occupied! One day, using personal wearable alerts based on info from drones perhaps, but sadly not for Glasto50...

Or a drone with a megaphone that can broadcast ‘ hey you, get off that picnic rug and pack up those fucking chairs, the field is rammed’

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s what I’ve taken it as. If they’ve got someone (to use Emily’s choice of wording) “substantial” opening the Pyramid having less competition becomes a factor. Look at the crowds Other openers can draw on the Friday.

The main competition for the opening act is bed, which is where half the site will still be

Madonna guesting with Swift as a taster before she headlines next year.

Her London show was very good, despite what it looks like on paper the set was great and the whole show was extremely well done. The mobile phone ban was very good as well, they even took my Fitbit off me as it might light up.

27 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Madonna guesting with Swift as a taster before she headlines next year.

Her London show was very good, despite what it looks like on paper the set was great and the whole show was extremely well done. The mobile phone ban was very good as well, they even took my Fitbit off me as it might light up.

That would be a great thing to try and do .... totally impractical but even for a few songs it would be immense ... has it been tried at the festival ? 

14 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Weren't James on the Other Stage and delayed because of the rain? Sure I watched Albarn and the Syrian Orchestra and then popped over and they were just starting.

Yes, apparently the other stage crew were surprised by the weather.🙄

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That would be a great thing to try and do .... totally impractical but even for a few songs it would be immense ... has it been tried at the festival ? 

Can’t see that happening to be honest, and I don’t see the purpose of it either. People like to take photos/video of their experience, and there are other items that obstruct people’s views more than mobile phones

Just now, henry bear said:

Can’t see that happening to be honest, and I don’t see the purpose of it either. People like to take photos/video of their experience, and there are other items that obstruct people’s views more than mobile phones

I was in no way expecting it it was more an id love it to happen ... i was intrigued as to if its been tried at Glastonbury .. thats why I said for a few songs ..... looking back at that scooby snacks video it makes me think if the festival crowds could ever be that into it again ... maybe its because i stand a bit further back and dont get this quite as much 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Coldplay being a great substitute for the insomniacs and those struggling to sleep 

A great cure for the insomniacs more like, nothing upsets me more than watching that wet flannel flop around a stage for an hour.