Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

Do we know why they are making the pyramid field larger? Is it an ongoing thing for licensing reasons? I can’t think of any band or individual that would require more space, how rammed at the back was it for kylie or Adele?

what big surprise would require a larger pyramid field? 

unless they are moving the stage further forward?

or putting seating in at the back like latitude😂😂😂

Just now, Smeble said:

Do we know why they are making the pyramid field larger? Is it an ongoing thing for licensing reasons? I can’t think of any band or individual that would require more space, how rammed at the back was it for kylie or Adele?

I was way back at Adele and it was super crowded. It was difficult to walk the path along the tents. And there were lots of people watching from in between tents as well. 

3 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Some have suggested it may be because there is going to be a larger than usual act opening the Pyramid (when there wouldn't be much competition on the various other stages)

Just now, Calvin Klein said:

I was way back at Adele and it was super crowded. It was difficult to walk the path along the tents. And there were lots of people watching from in between tents as well. 

I guess that’s it then, would McCartney draw that sort of crowd nowadays? Or swift? Or what’s  his face?

21 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Some have suggested it may be because there is going to be a larger than usual act opening the Pyramid (when there wouldn't be much competition on the various other stages)

That’s what I’ve taken it as. If they’ve got someone (to use Emily’s choice of wording) “substantial” opening the Pyramid having less competition becomes a factor. Look at the crowds Other openers can draw on the Friday.