Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

4 hours ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I actually disagree with this. Seeing a big name or band on a small stage is what makes secret sets so special for me, much more intimate. Yes I know there's crowd control issues that should be addressed, but seeing killers (for example) on the pyramid mid afternoon wouldn't feel that great to me, whilst the jp tent secret set genuinely felt like one of those moments of everything coming together. 

I totally agree with this - I saw Green Day at Reading 2012 (secret set) and it was the most incredible gig ever. You’re totally right that you need a balance of control and excitement! I guess a big stage would take some of that away.

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

There is alot of work that goes into and around crowd control and safety all weekend! On the ground and monitored from above! This also happens around the rumoured secret sets and the unexpected moments in the sets! The stage managers and stars work really closely with the safety teams to do their best to keep things safe! 

Oh I have absolutely no doubt. I worked in the technical side of festivals for a short while and their crowd monitoring systems and attention to detail are incredible. Just sometimes doesn’t feel safe within a very tightly packed crowd. 

58 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Well I can throw that right back at you cos he clearly does throw the mic at him, why would he be throwing it at all if not at the guy? Just because you miss something does not mean you aren’t trying to hit it. 

actually rewatching it, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on the mic, but he 100% throws the glass at the guy.

Perfect, so we agree then. 

And obviously he throws the glass at him, no one doubts that, but it was after he had a microphone launched at his head, and to quote you, "He clearly throws the mic at the guy. The guy threw it back, as you would."

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

And obviously he throws the glass at him, no one doubts that, but it was after he had a microphone launched at his head, and to quote you, "He clearly throws the mic at the guy. The guy threw it back, as you would."

Was it a plastic pint or glass, if it’s glass then that’s completely unacceptable.. 

im staggered you think what he did is anything other than thuggery. If you think throwing a glass at someone is acceptable behaviour then you need to take a long hard look at yourself. 

7 hours ago, Smeble said:

Was it a plastic pint or glass, if it’s glass then that’s completely unacceptable.. 

im staggered you think what he did is anything other than thuggery. If you think throwing a glass at someone is acceptable behaviour then you need to take a long hard look at yourself. 

No need to be staggered then, because I have never said it was acceptable. I've made my point, you're choosing to ignore it so I'll leave it now.

• Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Quite funny that you go into such detail to disprove someone else's vision, and then state the microphone was launched at his head. The same hypocrisy your calling others out for

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

I reckon someone big will open the pymarid. Would make a lot of sense with the "significant big suprises". 

Emily also said a while ago that they were moving the tent line back on the pymarid field. 

I rekon that's because of how busy it got during Kylie (if her comment was after 2019 fest, cant remember!).

Last year ABBA opened the Pyramid.  You can't get bigger than that.

Those of us with efest memories long enough will recall Coldplay being touted to open the 40th anniversary festival , for many of the same reasons they are again being suggested for this year.

We got Rolf Harris, which at the time, and maybe still, was/is the better option.

• Upvote 1