Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

I reckon Blur. They did a cheeky reformation for the Africa Express thing, think theyll do the same for glasto

Yeah I think Blur.

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

She also suggests a female artist was going to announce herself on the night (although it seems that didn’t happen). Any ideas?

And the headliners for 2021 already lined up - 1 of whom has played before.

The 2021 headliner who's played before is Arctic Monkeys.

9 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

It's possible the RHCP? I can see them there, for tour schedule, for offering to play themselves in the past at low cost and for Frusciante I consider them as BIG, definitely. 

And why are you sure will take place in the Pyramid this time? 

Not a ridiculous shout, but since Fru's reveal they've actively stopped booking gigs this summer. I imagine they're only doing the ones they're already confirmed for because they have to, and the minute they can go back to LA and write/record a new album they will. I'd say more likely as a 2021 headliner.

11 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

How have people found out about the sets in the past, I remember seeing the killers by accident because I was watching Frank carter I think, don't tend to use my phone much at the festival.

I think that one was more of an open secret ... I had it confirmed to me by October drift on the day as their van was parked next to the killers tours bus ... this site was where I found out I’m pretty sure 

10 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

How have people found out about the sets in the past, I remember seeing the killers by accident because I was watching Frank carter I think, don't tend to use my phone much at the festival.

The Killers secret set was well know about on here. I told my group about it and we thought about it, but they closed off JP area ages before they started and we didn't want to miss something else. 

On another note, I work with a guy who is still adamant that Arcade Fire played the Park last year. 

The programme lists all the TBA sets I think - so you know where and when, jut not who. But this forum will usually know. 

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The 2021 headliner who's played before is Arctic Monkeys.

If it is only 1 headliner who has played the festival before then I reckon it’ll be The 1975. 
Emilys comment is certainly open to interpretation though. She said “one has played before” but “only one has played before”. Felt like a bit more of a teaser or throwaway comment.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If it is only 1 headliner who has played the festival before then I reckon it’ll be The 1975. 
Emilys comment is certainly open to interpretation though. She said “one has played before” but “only one has played before”. Felt like a bit more of a teaser or throwaway comment.

Could be both of them quite easily.

50 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

She called it the 'rock slot' and I don't remember the quote but I'm pretty sure it was 'usually on the Friday' lots of things could of changed regarding that. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-2019-line-up-2483548.amp

January 2019, specifically the 'metal slot' and 5pm on the Friday. Not long after she told @eFestivals or Scotty that there wouldn't be anyone for the 2019 festival but someone huge for 2020. Could still be Aerosmith, but why mention metal and that specific day and time if that was the case? 

2 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-festival-2019-line-up-2483548.amp

January 2019, specifically the 'metal slot' and 5pm on the Friday. Not long after she told @eFestivals or Scotty that there wouldn't be anyone for the 2019 festival but someone huge for 2020. Could still be Aerosmith, but why mention metal and that specific day and time if that was the case? 

Are Aerosmith metal enough?