Emily confirms "significant, big surprises"

ProperTea

Mentioned it in another thread but I'm putting my chips on Radiohead. They would certainly be a huge surprise since they're not active, but two of the band will probably be performing there anyway and others may well be attending, Emily and Michael both love them and call them the best headliner for 97 and they seem to be a band capable of getting together and performing without too much prep. 

Pure speculation and likely won't happen, but if I had to predict a "big surprise" that would be it.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Mentioned it in another thread but I'm putting my chips on Radiohead. They would certainly be a huge surprise since they're not active, but two of the band will probably be performing there anyway and others may well be attending, Emily and Michael both love them and call them the best headliner for 97 and they seem to be a band capable of getting together and performing without too much prep. 

Pure speculation and likely won't happen, but if I had to predict a "big surprise" that would be it.

If you want to add fuel to the Radiohead fire, Ed Obrien did an interview recently and was asked about any chance of Radiohead performing at all. He said theyve got “a couple things next year”. So who knows. Phil Selway also did an interview on 6 music and said they were going to take 2021 off and focus on their solo projects too. I think them being back so soon after the last one kind of weakens their stock. Its not the worst thing if irs a good 5 - 7 years in between headline slots. So 2023 might be better when theres another record out. And maybe they call it quits by then too. Would be a nice farewell

1 minute ago, jparx said:

It was reported by the BBC tbf. 

But that was down to the band announcing it in their tour dates, which I’m pretty certain they weren’t supposed to do, so I’m guessing Emily is still clinging on to what was supposed to be a big surprise despite Aerosmith fucking that up. 

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Emily's been really clever here, as usual. We're just at the point where we're running out of ideas and a few words in a five minute interview injects new life into the discussion. Without giving anything away. Genius. Godlike, if you will. 

That’s why she’s in the big chair

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

But that was down to the band announcing it in their tour dates, which I’m pretty certain they weren’t supposed to do, so I’m guessing Emily is still clinging on to what was supposed to be a big surprise despite Aerosmith fucking that up. 

Oh yeah, I was replying to the comment that it'd be a surprise to people who don't use this forum. It was picked up by loads of news outlets so it's not just our bubble.

Aerosmith have leaked it twice now. Surely if they were planned as a big surprise, that would have been stressed to them initially, and then stressed even harder after the 1st leak? 

Personally I think Aerosmith will just be announced on the poster and not held back as a surprise. I see one of the Glastonbury regular, British indie acts fitting the bill.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

This would be insane :)

21 minutes ago, jackmerton said:

Slowthai & Katherine Ryan B2B

God that was such a disgrace.

Katherine Ryan did really well as she always does, but that was horrible.

Incidentally she's intrinsically linked my Glastonbury experience now, as on the Tuesday after the festival in 2019 I was watching her Netflix special which is mostly about her daughter while I was in the midst of a horrible comedown and ended up weeping! Tuesday blues eh