See Coaches

Hugh Jass

More one for the Questions section... but screw it.

Does anyone know if you can buy a See coach ticket when you already have a GA ticket? Looks like I'm going to have to get the coach there and it would infinitely easer for me to get a coach from the O2 than to schlep all the way into Victoria with all my stuff. Going back I'm not too concerned as I'll just blag onto a See coach.

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

99% sure that see only do coaches as a part of the bundle on the way there, sorry dude.

Worth emailing them to check? Can't hurt

Yeah I'm not holding out too much hope but will give it a go...

Just looked at the National Express prices from Victoria.... SEVENTY FOUR FUCKING QUID ONE WAY!!!

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I'm not holding out too much hope but will give it a go...

Just looked at the National Express prices from Victoria.... SEVENTY FOUR FUCKING QUID ONE WAY!!!

Train an option? Getting there's not bad, anyone you could scab a lift home from?

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

More one for the Questions section... but screw it.

Does anyone know if you can buy a See coach ticket when you already have a GA ticket? Looks like I'm going to have to get the coach there and it would infinitely easer for me to get a coach from the O2 than to schlep all the way into Victoria with all my stuff. Going back I'm not too concerned as I'll just blag onto a See coach.

Trust me it’s worth getting yourself to Victoria, the O2 is an awful place to leave from especially if anywhere near rush hour, it takes so much longer on the coach there than from Victoria. I’m always surprised they use it every year, why not use Twickenham which also has a coach park and is on the right side of London.  Anyway to answer your question I’ve never seen it and have got that coach 4 times but I think you can add children to the journey so may be worth asking 

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Train an option? Getting there's not bad, anyone you could scab a lift home from?

Train could work, but again it's getting from one end of London to the other with all my stuff. Victoria is easier for me to get to than Paddington so if worse comes to it I'll just suck it up and pay for NE.

Getting back isn't too much of a concern as people will be driving back to London (they're all going Wednesday and I'm going Thursday). Or if I want to get back earlier I'm pretty confident I could rock up at the coach station at 4am and blag onto a See coach to the O2.

2 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Trust me it’s worth getting yourself to Victoria, the O2 is an awful place to leave from especially if anywhere near rush hour, it takes so much longer on the coach there than from Victoria. I’m always surprised they use it every year, why not use Twickenham which also has a coach park and is on the right side of London.  Anyway to answer your question I’ve never seen it and have got that coach 4 times but I think you can add children to the journey so may be worth asking 

I live 10 minutes away from the O2.

1 minute ago, Barneym said:

I've done both and you're bang on with Victoria over O2 for actually getting on the road.  I'm biased as Victoria's easier for me than O2 admittedly, but definitely my preference.

Twickenham though? Really? That would be an absolute nightmare to get out to in the morning! At least the O2 is on the tube network

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've done both and you're bang on with Victoria over O2 for actually getting on the road.  I'm biased as Victoria's easier for me than O2 admittedly, but definitely my preference.

Twickenham though? Really? That would be an absolute nightmare to get out to in the morning! At least the O2 is on the tube network

Good point it would be a pain for everyone to get there, it’s just the right side of London to get out to the festival.  I think I’ve just been scared by the 7am Wednesday coach one year when we were still stuck in traffic in Greater London at 9am. We got the 5am last year which was fine for traffic but did mean I had to get a cab to the O2

I’m actually closer to the O2 than Victoria but still prefer the NE coaches (they are also so much better organised at Victoria) mind I’d still take the O2 over having to wait for the Sunday to confirm I’m going which we did this year as got nothing on the Thursday sale.

3 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

£42.50 one way is what its showing me?!

Probably if you go to buy a return ticket, the outward leg is a lower price than if booking one way, and you can get certain return coaches that make the total price as low as (or cheaper than?) as one way journey, but search for one way and that same coach will be the higher price.

I've booked a return from Brum even though I might only use one way, at least I have a choice if I fail to get a lift back for the same price. Only difference is that the lowest price for the return booking is non-refundable, whereas the same price for the outward leg only would be.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 minute ago, ltfckimbo said:

O2? I'm on the See coach this year and had assumed they still leave from Embankment, which they did last time I got one.

My confirmation email doesn't say anything about departure point. O2 will be a pain in the arse!

Yup, afraid so pal. Makes use of the massive amount of space they've got over there.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had an email back from See asking simply for my reg number, so there might be something afoot.

Either that or they are just going to cancel my ticket for asking too many questions.

I used a lift share website for Bestival in 2012 when my mate dropped out and I didn't have a car at the time so i got a lift with a couple of people from nearby.

Perhaps you could see if anyone else close to where you live would give a one way lift on the Thurs AM for cheaper and less hassle than the bus and then you make your own way home? :)

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had an email back from See asking simply for my reg number, so there might be something afoot.

Either that or they are just going to cancel my ticket for asking too many questions.

Let us know how you get on. I can probably only go Thursday and everyone else is going wednesday. There's no NE coaches from Stoke but I know See run a coach so that would be ideal.

Other option is train which is a bit of a ball ache as it's like 3 stops. Or do they run any shuttle buses from Bristol train stations or just castle cary?

6 minutes ago, Divein said:

Let us know how you get on. I can probably only go Thursday and everyone else is going wednesday. There's no NE coaches from Stoke but I know See run a coach so that would be ideal.

Other option is train which is a bit of a ball ache as it's like 3 stops. Or do they run any shuttle buses from Bristol train stations or just castle cary?

They've just emailed back to say it's a no go.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Might just pay the 80 quid - when you consider it's 50 quid to park plus petrol it's probably about right.

Will still try and blag a See Coach back though. 

Make sure if you're trying that its not 5 mins before your already paid NE coach leaves ;)