Act of the Day 2020

I'm stealing this idea from the Coachella subreddit as it seems like a really good way to introduce people to new music and artists on the lineup if they haven't already gone through and listened to the names they're unaware of. Basically the idea of it is simple, everyday i'll post a live video of an acts performance and maybe we can have some discussion about them and peoples plans to see them or not. (I'll try and keep up with this but there may be days that i miss)

Kicking it off with one of my favourite bands, Easy Life! who are an alternative band from Leicester, BBC described their unique sound as an incongruous mix of wonky hip-hop beats, gossamer jazz guitar, afro-beat optimism, wavy pop melodies, psychedelic electronica and witty lyrics, all filtered through the lens of "rainy middle England".

Songs to listen to: Nice Guys, Silverado, OJPL, Sunday

Performing on: R1 Stage, Sat (Reading) Sun (Leeds)

• Like 1

Denzel Curry will most likely have one of the most energetic sets of the weekend and i know he'll be one of my highlights, NME Describes his music as dreamy, ethereal beats with hard-hitting sounds and rhymes to relay his unique – and compelling – life story

If you haven't already seen his cover of 'Bulls on Parade' with Like A Version i highly recommend you to look it up if you're a fan of Rage but didn't feel like i should include the clip here as a big part of Denzel's live performance is the way he connects with the crowd

Songs to listen to: Vengeance, Ice Age, Diet_, Speedboat

Performing on: 1Xtra Headliner, Reading (Fri) Leeds (Sat)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Denzel Curry will most likely have one of the most energetic sets of the weekend and i know he'll be one of my highlights, NME Describes his music as dreamy, ethereal beats with hard-hitting sounds and rhymes to relay his unique – and compelling – life story

If you haven't already seen his cover of 'Bulls on Parade' with Like A Version i highly recommend you to look it up if you're a fan of Rage but didn't feel like i should include the clip here as a big part of Denzel's live performance is the way he connects with the crowd

Songs to listen to: Vengeance, Ice Age, Diet_, Speedboat

Performing on: 1Xtra Headliner, Reading (Fri) Leeds (Sat)

Strongly recommend anyone to check out his latest EP with Kenny Beats as well.

Strong Madvillany vibes

On 2/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm stealing this idea from the Coachella subreddit as it seems like a really good way to introduce people to new music and artists on the lineup if they haven't already gone through and listened to the names they're unaware of. Basically the idea of it is simple, everyday i'll post a live video of an acts performance and maybe we can have some discussion about them and peoples plans to see them or not. (I'll try and keep up with this but there may be days that i miss)

Kicking it off with one of my favourite bands, Easy Life! who are an alternative band from Leicester, BBC described their unique sound as an incongruous mix of wonky hip-hop beats, gossamer jazz guitar, afro-beat optimism, wavy pop melodies, psychedelic electronica and witty lyrics, all filtered through the lens of "rainy middle England".

Songs to listen to: Nice Guys, Silverado, OJPL, Sunday

Performing on: R1 Stage, Sat (Reading) Sun (Leeds)

Thought I'd catch up on the first day. Ive never listened to these guys before but I like them a lot. Good shout, gonna have to give more of them a listen now. 

070 Shake may of lost in the R&L Bracket Tournament but we can still appreciate her music here, after being thrown into the limelight after her brilliant performance on the track 'Ghost Town' by Kanye West which is a standout moment on his album she has continued to put out soulful, well produced music.

2020 saw the release of her debut album Modus Vivendi, Pitchfork says 'the album is intensely sincere, with the New Jersey native proudly serving her soul raw atop bullish, beautiful production. It is the most compelling and complete release under G.O.O.D. Music since Pusha T’s Daytona.'

Songs to listen to: Morrow, Glitter, Rocketship, Accusations

Performing on: FR Stage, Sat (Reading) Sun (Leeds)

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

All Time Low are an American four piece who fit well into the large and popular scene of emo-pop, they're known for their energetic live shows and pop-punk sound. All Time Low has released seven studio albums as a band, all with the current lineup. New music from the band is coming our way this year just in time for R&L.

Songs to listen to: Missing You, Kids in the Dark, Weightless, Remembering Sunday

Performing on: Main Stage, Fri (Reading) Sat (Leeds)

Rex Orange County has been on my radar ever since he collaborated with Tyler, The Creator on Flower Boy featuring on the songs Forward and Boredom which quickly became two of my favourites on the entire album, he is a gifted songwriter known for his literate, quirky brand of bedroom pop that combines jazz, hip-hop and soul influences.

Songs to listen to: Television / So Far So Good, Best Friend, 10/10, Pluto Projector

Performing on: R1 Stage Headliner, Sat (Reading) Sun (Leeds)