Deluxe Diner bookings open midday on Saturday 15th

kalifire

11 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

I think I'd be too nervous about booking a slot, then the timings being released and someone I really wanted to see being on at the same time.

Are they flexible with moving you if that happens? Or am I asking too much?

Also, does it sell out?

Can book for the Wednesday / Thursday , that way maybe you won't miss anything too much. Yes usually sells out

We went on Thursday lunchtime last year, about 2 o clock from memory, for a big birthday. It was a trudge across in the heat, but it was worth it , food was excellent, cocktails were strong and we had a lovely few hours , and felt so surreal. Atmosphere was good and full of people celebrating something. I'll try to post photos later. Not sure I would do it again, unless there was a big celebration for something, it was expensive but lovely for a big treat.

14 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Is there a story behind this? :)

A slight one yes ... I’ve told it a couple of times on here ... In nov 2014 we decided we would attend an evening with Michael eavis charity function dinner at a local Manor House with the rotary club ... I phoned up and managed to get the last couple of tickets for the event ... when we arrived the person who I’d spoken too on the phone said I sounded like a nice guy on the phone and she had put us on the top table with Michael and the Manor House owner (an eccentric character !! ) everyone else In dinner jackets ... including Michael ... and shorts :) myself in my glastonbury tshirt  anyway we got chatting to Michael for quite a bit over dinner about the festival ... and I asked him about prince playing ... can’t remember his words now ... something about not being able to talk about it .... but I had some thoughts at the time that it might have been happening just by the whole situation ... it manifested itself that was probably as close as they got .Anyway it was a lovely evening and as we all know Michael a lovely genuine guy ... and myself and friend very lucky 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

Can someone tell me the BYOB answer? That's how I decide most of my restaurant choices... 

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah you can.

They do sell wine and beer via a drinks menu but there is nothing stopping you from drinking something you have brought with you yourself.

The Beer and Wine options for sale are completely different from those at any other bar so its not just like pints of carlsberg, at least.

@Memory Man already did! 😀

Clicked the link.

Wow. They've really upped their game.

That is one impressive menu!

Pretty sure I posted years ago when they first started, taking the piss about how their menu was basically just pigeon, rabbit and mackerel (not exactly rare), for the same price you'd have paid for a full on foodie fest at a posh place at the time.

Wasn't it more expensive then? Weren't they charging a ton?

How the fuck do you pull this off for that price in the middle of what is usually just acres of field with no infrastructure?

Full Service meals will cost £38 for 2 courses and £48 for 3 courses
 Sunday lunches will be £28

I've worked bars four times and it's difficult enough just washing up, let alone cooking stuff and then washing up.

Main courses must be ordered in advance. 

Where's the catch? What am I missing?

No catch! The place is not that small so they can fit in quite a few people when they are full. Plus they will make a bit from drinks. And they are doing like 10 services across the festival. 

its still about double what a decent sunday roast costs (up north anyway) but yes the prices are not too bad i dont think all considered. The quality is very good.

i think its decent cos if youre paying upfront months ahead by the time you come to have it, its like a free meal!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Hi 

Does anyone know what's happening with bookings? 

I haven't tried to contact them yet as thought I'd check if anyone on here had first. 

I wrote them with "we're all good to roll this over to next year if you are!" and no response so far. But I'm not too concerned as they're festival regulars.