Deluxe Diner bookings open midday on Saturday 15th

kalifire

33 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’ve only heard good things about this. Have been very tempted but when it came down to it - call me cheap - I’m not sure I could part with the best part of £40 for a meal at Glastonbury.

You have to not think about it like that, I like to think about it as a 3 course meal for £40. 

You get proper plates/cutlery/ wine glasses and bottles (if you want to drink wine, I'm fairly sure you can still drink your own booze) it's just something fun and a bit different to do at the festival.

33 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

I think I'd be too nervous about booking a slot, then the timings being released and someone I really wanted to see being on at the same time.

Are they flexible with moving you if that happens? Or am I asking too much?

Also, does it sell out?

That’s why we’re going for Thursday evening this year. It all sells out, yeah. The first two days and Sunday are especially popular. 

Never tried it, Mrs c suggested it but I’m always aware of the possibility of the booking clashing with an act I desperately want to see. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday if it’s available.  We will be arriving in Glastonbury town on the previous Saturday so will have 4 days of drinking and eating out, all you can eat brewers Fayre breakfasts, fuelling up, pre festival so might just be happy with the usual festival foods!  

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never tried it, Mrs c suggested it but I’m always aware of the possibility of the booking clashing with an act I desperately want to see. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday if it’s available.  We will be arriving in Glastonbury town on the previous Saturday so will have 4 days of drinking and eating out, all you can eat brewers Fayre breakfasts, fuelling up, pre festival so might just be happy with the usual festival foods!  

Whats the food options like in WV? Mainly thinking of early morning breakfasts or maybe late night munchies.

45 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

Whats the food options like in WV? Mainly thinking of early morning breakfasts or maybe late night munchies.

Just the usual breakfast fare, bacon rolls, coffees , the butty boys do bagels and a decent spicy Cumberland sausage!   Flying machine cafe does American breakfasts, wraps etc. Burgers, chips.   Burrito shack for chilli fry’s , nachos.  Amore pizza, obvious what they do and a breakfast pizza!  Coffee shop does cakes, And the bar! 

And of course in the past there’s been the signature dish of WV, the duck egg omelette, smoothies, porridge From the wakey wakey eggs and bakey 

Or my tent, stewed tea and a wagon wheel! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just the usual breakfast fare, bacon rolls, coffees , the butty boys do bagels and a decent spicy Cumberland sausage!   Flying machine cafe does American breakfasts, wraps etc. Burgers, chips.   Burrito shack for chilli fry’s , nachos.  Amore pizza, obvious what they do and a breakfast pizza!  Coffee shop does cakes, And the bar! 

And of course in the past there’s been the signature dish of WV, the duck egg omelette, smoothies, porridge From the wake wakey eggs and bakery. 

Quite a selection then, we have normally taken a small burner to make the early morning brew and the missus breakfast hash but was thinking of travelling light even though the car wouldn't be far. I'll pop round for a Wagon Wheel (Not as big as they used to be) or I'll have to carry all the gear  for our fry ups. We've cooked this brekkie at a few festivals now and the smell of frying onions, bacon and sausages soon gets a few comments round the campsite.

I'm in two minds about the Deluxe Diner though, sounds like a nice treat, I would aim for the Sunday midday and hope for no clashes assuming we could get up by then after all night partying.        

How anyone can plan where they are going to be at any given time at Glasto is beyond me.... its hard enough making sure you dont miss a band you want to see :) 

Sounds great if i could guarantee there would be no clash and I would not be having a blast somewhere else on site and have to leave... 

45 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And of course in the past there’s been the signature dish of WV, the duck egg omelette, smoothies, porridge From the wakey wakey eggs and bakey 

BTW, thats quite a detailed summary of the options can see that you have investigated thoroughly if not sampled everything!   

Some friends done this last year and apparently the food is good and the were eating quite close to the big E himself.

I couldn't... er... guarantee I'd have an appetite at a pre-arranged time at Glastonbury.  It can disappear sometimes ;)

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Some friends done this last year and apparently the food is good and the were eating quite close to the big E himself.

I couldn't... er... guarantee I'd have an appetite at a pre-arranged time at Glastonbury.  It can disappear sometimes ;)

its good to eat close to the big E .... although at his home would be something else :) 

IMG_0640.jpeg

6 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Can you BYOB as mentioned above or not?

Yeah you can.

They do sell wine and beer via a drinks menu but there is nothing stopping you from drinking something you have brought with you yourself.

The Beer and Wine options for sale are completely different from those at any other bar so its not just like pints of carlsberg, at least.