Leaving during the Festival & Returning

JoeyT

Reading all this is making me feel very lucky (I already know I am) as my little one is going to be 10 weeks when the festival is on but my wife is pretty much insisting I go. It helps that she loves Glastonbury and we have both been going for years (not always together as we both went before we met) and she knows how much I love it and says I should go, I’m actually less sure even though her mum is coming to stay when it’s on.

Anyway I digress from travel arrangements but also agree going on the Thursday would be far easier than trying to leave especially if you have a car as the car park is so far away it will take much longer than you think to get in and out.

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It might end that way.

I think the tradition of watching Mik Artistik's CN bandstand with all my friends on the Wednesday is what sways me towards coming home then going back.

The coming and going isn't an issue due to the proximity to the festival we live. 

Nothing like a bit of Mik Artistik

I'd agree to what's on offer then see if she is feeling more settled with the baby closer to the time and will allow you more time. 

I agree with a few posters, both my wife and I have been away whilst our boy was young. I encouraged her to get back into things she enjoyed before the baby as soon as possible, short breaks with friend/nights out/odd club night.

You sound like you have a good support network that can help and will probably enjoy it! 

14 hours ago, Badlands said:

My missus went to Benidorm for a long weekend with the lasses when our little one was 5 months old, leaving me with the boyo. I then went on a football jolly to Düsseldorf a few weeks later leaving her and the boy.
No friends, work colleagues or family members from either side batted an eyelash about it. Which is exactly how it should be. Some of the snarky judgements on here seem well off.

Best of luck Joey!!

Exactly this, everybody's family life is different and Joey shouldn't be made to feel guilty for not being around for a few days, we don't know the circumstances for the other 360 days of the year.

My mate's live up north so I only get to see them 2/3 times a year, one of these times is Glastonbury, whereas Mrs P meets up with her mates most weeks.  This works for us and has never been an issue, it's all about a little bit of give and take. 

3 hours ago, morph100 said:

We now go Thursday morning to Sunday night, really miss the Wednesday and might have done a coming And going thing if we lived closer

I'm also a Thurs (anytine from mid morning departure to last train there) to Sunday evening kinda person and it's all fine with me. I miss the last few acts on the Sunday to catch that last train home to be ready for the school drop-offs the next morning and have found that I quite like leaving the place while it's still in full swing - my snowman is still smiling broadly with his hat and scarf on and not that miserable old monday melt puddle I could never deal with.

If it were me one million percent agree to her plan and say it's more than fair. Then Spend June being the best dad and hubby known to man and I guarantee when you're there she'll never ask you to come back for a night. She's testing you pal. 

And worst case, you're laughing anyway with that amount of time. Don't be tight and pay £45 for a car park ticket.