eFests Discover Weekly 🎵

Fish Bulb

Not sure if this will work, but inspired by the discoveries I've found in the New Music thread and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist, I thought I'd create a collaborative playlist on Spotify that people can add music to as they find it. 

Doesn't necessarily have to be new music either, just anything you'd like to share with the rest of the forum. I've started it off by adding a handful from my Discover Weekly this week, plus that brilliant Pottery tune that @dentalplan shared on the New Music thread:

I've also used the eFests logo as the image on the playlist, but if that's an issue I can change it...?

Edited by Fish Bulb
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Not sure if this will work, but inspired by the discoveries I've found in the New Music thread and Spotify's Discover Weekly playlist, I thought I'd create a collaborative playlist on Spotify that people can add music to as they find it. 

Doesn't necessarily have to be new music either, just anything you'd like to share with the rest of the forum. I've started it off by adding a handful from my Discover Weekly this week, plus that brilliant Pottery tune that @dentalplan shared on the New Music thread:

I've also used the eFests logo as the image on the playlist, but if that's an issue I can change it...?

Lovely idea, how you planning on handling the additions & removals? Just want to avoid absolutely flooding it!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Lovely idea, how you planning on handling the additions & removals? Just want to avoid absolutely flooding it!

I had planned on just letting it get massive over time - do you think I should prune it every now and then? You can sort by "date added" in the playlist itself, so I could just remove anything over a month old, each week?

Edited by Fish Bulb

Just now, Fish Bulb said:

I had planned on just letting it get massive over time - do you think I should prune it every now and then? You can sort be "added" in the playlist itself, so I could just remove anything over a month old, each week?

Possibly.  The only reason I wonder is that I've basically got the same thing running on my Deezer account (feel free to make Betamax joke as appropriate :D) based on the recommendations that pop up on the New Music Thread, and I find I had to prune it otherwise I wasn't listening to half the new tracks.

Just whether you want it to be a general playlist or a new music playlist really (and whether you can be arsed to curate it), but that's just me sticking my beak in :lol:

Just now, anditmakesmesmile said:

I think you should delete and restart every week. If that’s not too much of a pain. 

Happy to do that tbh.

I might make a second playlist: "eFests Massive Playlist" or something similar, and I can just copy and paste the new additions each week to that, that way we can have the best of both worlds? I'll share that link once I've done that.

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

Happy to do that tbh.

I might make a second playlist: "eFests Massive Playlist" or something similar, and I can just copy and paste the new additions each week to that, that way we can have the best of both worlds? I'll share that link once I've done that.

Have a word with @Brave Sir Robin, man knows a thing or two about maintaining efests playlists :)

47 minutes ago, Quark said:

Possibly.  The only reason I wonder is that I've basically got the same thing running on my Deezer account (feel free to make Betamax joke as appropriate :D) based on the recommendations that pop up on the New Music Thread, and I find I had to prune it otherwise I wasn't listening to half the new tracks.

Just whether you want it to be a general playlist or a new music playlist really (and whether you can be arsed to curate it), but that's just me sticking my beak in :lol:

Oooh is your Deezer list public. I'm another Deezer user and all playlists seem to be on Spotify 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Have a word with @Brave Sir Robin, man knows a thing or two about maintaining efests playlists :)

Of a particular sort, yes - this looks quite a different beast. If there could be one for new additions and one ever-growing megalist, that'd be great!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

My tactic to try & avoid this problem (whilst being too lazy to continually prune) is to start a new 'new music' playlist every month, seems to work pretty well.

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Of a particular sort, yes - this looks quite a different beast. If there could be one for new additions and one ever-growing megalist, that'd be great!

I'll go with this option then - won't be much of a hardship to drag one list across and clear it down each week...

15 minutes ago, Quark said:

As a non-Spotify user, I'm happy to make some recommendations if someone would be so kind as to add them?

Obviously I'd never recommend some absolute tosh for other people to listen to for the LOLs... :lol:

Happy to add them for you (one man's tosh is another man's treasure and all that...)