BBC Radio 2. Glastonbury: 50 Years of Fans - Get involved!

henry bear

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Would be terrific if the local bbc compiled it all into a series of documentaries. 

I agree, the BBC Glastonbury page used to have a few clips but I think they got pulled down.

All of the 1998 BBC coverage has been uploaded to youtube and there are some cracking 'video nation' shorts on there including some with EE.

I suppose they probably don't think there is a market for it...but as you say, it could just be a series of news reports in chronological order. I for one would watch/buy it. :)

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Just had an e-mail off the producer to say that they plan on still doing this show, but for the 2021 festival, and they would like to keep my story on file to be used.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

me too ... well yesterday :) 

same here from Matt Tasker was sent 2:52 PM Thursday 19 March

think I replied ' No problem and if I am still alive then please contact me either 2021 { or 2022 if Boris is wrong } '

1 minute ago, glasto-worker said:

same here from Matt Tasker was sent 2:52 PM Thursday 19 March

think I replied ' No problem and if I am still alive then please contact me either 2021 { or 2022 if Boris is wrong } '

fantastic  ... we should get a decent bit of efest representation then :) mine was about ongoing ticket quest for 2020 ... 14.14  :) ...

IMG_6270.png

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

fantastic  ... we should get a decent bit of efest representation then :) mine was about ongoing ticket quest for 2020 ... 14.14  :) ...

I mentioned a few things but went into details about something that happened in the early 80's when I was a ticket holder and its a very funny but true story.

this is my second attempt because  BBC Points West asked me to do a live interview ' in advance ' { they had been in touch for months } at Glastonbury Friday 27th June 2014 - God knows why they wanted to do a live televised interview - anyway that is the day there was a power cut

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28056363

so they cancelled the interview 

and now its cancelled again due to this bloody Virus.

anyway will see how it pans out this time.