Suggested Bookings for smaller stages

cheesey_toastie

1 hour ago, Billjames7 said:

Not sure what stage they’d fit on as I’ve not been before but Franc moody would be great at any time of day on one of the smaller stages 

Good shout! Reckon they'd go down a storm on West Holts or John Peel - pretty likely they'll be there this year with their new album end of this month and a tour following (my daughter, also a major Glasto fanatic, is on their album cover!)

Edit: They played Pussy Parloure on Sat last year, but they're worthy of a major bump up since then

Edited by billum
  • Upvote 1

Some of my best musical memories have come from the smaller stages: The Gyuto Tibetan Monks on the Small World stage, Oi Va Voi on The Avalon, Mumford & Sons on the original Strummerville, and last year Grouch in Dub at The Glade.

If I was restricted to just the smaller stages I would still have a great festival.

23 hours ago, Simpo said:

The Lovely Eggs need to play at Glastonbury. Williams Green would be perfect.

Pretty sure ive seen them mention the festival in an interview and they said something like they’d not do it as the fees are poor and the logistics difficult. Not surprising. I imagine there are hundreds of acts across the musical spectrum that have dismissed it outright on that basis. 

Edited by Memory Man

28 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Pretty sure ive seen them mention the festival in an interview and they said something like they’d not do it as the fees are poor and the logistics difficult. Not surprising. I imagine there are hundreds of acts across the musical spectrum that have dismissed it outright on that basis. 

It was actually this tweet that made me think of them when I saw this thread.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:32 PM, Simpo said:

It was actually this tweet that made me think of them when I saw this thread.

interesting. I think they book their own tours etc as in a proper DIY way still. It may well be if they don't have an agent that they don't have an in but I find that hard to believe really since they've been in the industry over a decade and must know loads of people.

I suppose we will never know but I wonder if there are lots of smaller acts on the main stages that are there because agents of the larger acts are saying "we'll give you X headliner on the condition that you give a slot to all these smaller acts as well". Meaning there are hardly any gaps left on the park stage for example for proper DIY acts who dont have a big agent presence.

It makes you wonder if glastonbury don't really approach smaller acts and just take what the bigger agents are offering them. If that is not the case i find it hard to believe that no one has ever approached Lovely Eggs to play say williams green, park or john peel.

Edited by Memory Man