Green crafts looking for various people and ideas 💡

Funkyfairy!

1 minute ago, Pipine said:

I think it's a 4 hour shift every night sometime  between 8pm and 8am.. I love the calm of the green fields at night so it seems like the perfect stewarding role to me 🙂 I've applied.

Good luck to you too Pipine.

At this rate it's going to turn in to an efests mob take over.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

For the green fields was 5 shifts  between 8 pm and 8 am if I recall 

I don't think they were 12 hours shifts, I believe they are 4 hours shifts somewhere between those hours - not sure if that changes your view but wouldn't want you to miss out if the opportunity does work for you, and it maybe worth clarifiying., do think its every night though

Here's the link to the stewarding application form: http://www.greencrafts.ie/downloads/Glastonbury Stewards info+app-GF2020.pdf

I read it as:

- All shifts will be 4hrs, between 8pm and 8am

- You'll be doing 5 shifts in total from Weds to Sun

- You'll need to do an extra hour or so on Weds evening after/during the fireworks

- You need to turn up to your shifts clean and sober!

Would be interesting to hear from someone who's done it before whether you get rotating shifts i.e. Weds 8-12, Thurs 12-4, Fri 4-8 etc. That would seem to be the most obvious way.

Personally while I'm keen on volunteering if I don't get a ticket in future years, I wouldn't go for that. I can't really see it as anything other than losing more or less all your evenings, including at least one night of headliners. And the requirement for sobriety - which I understand is important for this job! - would have a significant impact on the daytime too.

But I know everyone enjoys the festival in a different way so fair play to those who do help out 🙂

51 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I don't think they were 12 hours shifts, I believe they are 4 hours shifts somewhere between those hours - not sure if that changes your view but wouldn't want you to miss out if the opportunity does work for you, and it maybe worth clarifiying., do think its every night though

Yep ... pretty much in agreement with the above post :)