Green crafts looking for various people and ideas 💡

Funkyfairy!

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I was just about to DM you 🙂 , hat making workshop ? Steward ? Although I would have thought they would want a fair amount of hours - but they do close early evening from memory

i was think along the hat making lines .... but squeezing a 6 months of work into a few hours might be tough ... ill have a think for sure ... also explore the stewarding angle :) 

20 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I was just about to DM you 🙂 , hat making workshop ? Steward ? Although I would have thought they would want a fair amount of hours - but they do close early evening from memory

Says the steward shifts are from 8pm to 8am, so you'd be working overnight every night if I've read it correctly.

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yes thats what ive just read ... :( :) one for consideration .... tough shifts 

My friend has been doing stewarding with Green Crafts for a few years, the 12 hours is broken down into 3 x 4 hour shifts, so you never work more than 4 hours a day and do 5 shifts in total = 20 hours. :)

Edited by StoneCircle

Just now, StoneCircle said:

My friend has been doing stewarding with Green Crafts for a few years, the 12 hours is broken down into 3 x 4 hour shifts, so you never work more than 4 hours a day and do 6 shifts in total. :)

ill definitely consider ... its more the timing of the shifts than the length  and the acceptance of the festival being very different ( maybe not in a bad way ) ... ill have a ponder and discussion with my festival friend but its defiantly not ruled out ... Thanks stone circle :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I sent a submission to them yesterday by air mail, on behalf of myself and two friends. We are proposing to do art sculpture workshops for free. The idea is for festival attendees to make art sculptures out of on site litter, found on the ground at the festival. It can be paper, plastic, metal, or whatever, as long as it's genuine litter left by others who are obviously ignorant bastards. On top of creating their own work, they can also add and item to larger proposed works, which are to take form as time goes by.

I don't suppose it'll come to fruition, but odd things do happen.

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I sent a submission to them yesterday by air mail, on behalf of myself and two friends. We are proposing to do art sculpture workshops for free. The idea is for festival attendees to make art sculptures out of on site litter, found on the ground at the festival. It can be paper, plastic, metal, or whatever, as long as it's genuine litter left by others who are obviously ignorant bastards. On top of creating their own work, they can also add and item to larger proposed works, which are to take form as time goes by.

sounds a cracking idea ... would love to add to that if it comes off ..... My brother once made me an item of clothing made from festival litter that during the course of the festival people offered me money for ... no prizes for guessing the item of clothing ... I think it was made from an old Q daily newspaper ... good luck 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

sounds a cracking idea ... would love to add to that if it comes off ..... My brother once made me an item of clothing made from festival litter that during the course of the festival people offered me money for ... no prizes for guessing the item of clothing ... I think it was made from an old Q daily newspaper ... good luck 

Hello crazyfool1,

It's obviously a family thing in the crazyfool family to create hats. You should join forces with your brother and see if you can knock Philip Treacy off his perch. However, being a fan of the man, I must admit that that'll take some doing.

Thanks for the best wishes.:)

16 minutes ago, Jensescapade said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick Your idea sounds wonderful and something they may go for. I have my fingers crossed for you.  Me and my husband sent off an application for stewarding yesterday.  I wonder when we may hear anything back. x

Hello Jensescapade,

Thank you for that vote of confidence, it's appreciated.

I have no idea when they would get back to people, I'm afraid. 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your husband getting places as stewards. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I reckon the stewarding opportunity is a bit of you, @crazyfool1. Go for it!

I'd like to second that. Get your skates on though crazyfool1 as the submission has to be by post only, and is to Southern Ireland. I believe it can take up to 5 days for delivery, but you could still do it - if it's meant to be. All the best if you do throw your hat in the ring. See what I did there?

I'll get my coat!

12 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I reckon the stewarding opportunity is a bit of you, @crazyfool1. Go for it!

It is ... but the hours would be totally wrong ... it’s a holiday and really would be stretching it to sign up to those hours ... maybe in the future .. I’ve taken a punt on oxfam this time as that’s just in the realms of possible and will go for the bus from Taunton too ... so I am exploring and expanding my opportunities as much as is possible ... I guess everyone takes the opportunity’s that they feel they can deal with ... and these are mine at this stage ... 

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It is ... but the hours would be totally wrong ... it’s a holiday and really would be stretching it to sign up to those hours ... maybe in the future .. I’ve taken a punt on oxfam this time as that’s just in the realms of possible and will go for the bus from Taunton too ... so I am exploring and expanding my opportunities as much as is possible ... I guess everyone takes the opportunity’s that they feel they can deal with ... and these are mine at this stage ... 

What are the hours for stewarding ? 

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sounds like a brilliant idea, really hope they go for it. I’ve gone for the stewarding position, would love to hang out in the Green Fields for a few hours for a free ticket, fingers crossed for everyone who has applied. 
Charm x

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I hope it happens, I'll be there if you succeed!

20 minutes ago, Charm said:

Sounds like a brilliant idea, really hope they go for it. I’ve gone for the stewarding position, would love to hang out in the Green Fields for a few hours for a free ticket, fingers crossed for everyone who has applied. 
Charm x

Hello Charm,

Yes, there's worse places to spend a few hours a day working than the Green Fields. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too in getting a place.