Daft punk new album?

morph100

Ah, '97. I spent a LOT of time in the Dance Tent.

I *think* it was during DP that some guy climbed the one of the central trusses in the tent and they had to stop the set until he came down. Once everyone started booing it freaked him out and he just froze. Just say no, kids.

5 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Ah, '97. I spent a LOT of time in the Dance Tent.

I *think* it was during DP that some guy climbed the one of the central trusses in the tent and they had to stop the set until he came down. Once everyone started booing it freaked him out and he just froze. Just say no, kids.

Ha - weirdly I'd never heard that before but I read this about an hour ago on the comments on that Youtube vid - so looks like you are correct!

"I was at this brilliant gig at Glasto. Anyone else remember that they had to stop halfway through the set after some tit decided to climb up into the lighting rig in the big top? The safety guys made daft punk stop playing until he came down - he was not at all popular, with anyone....."

First festival I went to was Reading 93. Senser kept stopping as people were climbing up the tent pole and crowd diving from, like, 20 feet plus (that's, like, so Reading).

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

First festival I went to was Reading 93. Senser kept stopping as people were climbing up the tent pole and crowd diving from, like, 20 feet plus (that's, like, so Reading).

My mate climbed the central pole in the dance tent at Reading during Aphex Twin in 2002 after he had consumed a rather large cocktail of substances.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha - weirdly I'd never heard that before but I read this about an hour ago on the comments on that Youtube vid - so looks like you are correct!

"I was at this brilliant gig at Glasto. Anyone else remember that they had to stop halfway through the set after some tit decided to climb up into the lighting rig in the big top? The safety guys made daft punk stop playing until he came down - he was not at all popular, with anyone....."

Thanks for that - I'd put a message out to a mate who was also there to try and confirm.

I seem to remember there was loads of people climbing up the previous year (yeah, I know, '95) and no one gave a shit. But again, 'twas a long time ago. (Was it Banco de Gaia? I wish I'd kept some notes).

7 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Thanks for that - I'd put a message out to a mate who was also there to try and confirm.

I seem to remember there was loads of people climbing up the previous year (yeah, I know, '95) and no one gave a shit. But again, 'twas a long time ago. (Was it Banco de Gaia? I wish I'd kept some notes).

I'm digging deep here, but I remember watching Plastic Man (Richie Hawtin?) in 94 or 95 and there was a traveller type in front of me being incredibly charismatic, facing backwards away from the stage and playing up to the crowd and he kept setting parts of himself on fire while we all laughed/cheered. The highlight was when he gave us all a 'aren't I a wag' look and set light to the person in front of him's shorts (I'm not making this up). The bloke on fire eventually noticed and took it in good grace/put it out.

Milllenials: this was what Glasto was like in the mid 90s (a bit like Mad Max).

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm digging deep here, but I remember watching Plastic Man (Richie Hawtin?) in 94 or 95 and there was a traveller type in front of me being incredibly charismatic, facing backwards away from the stage and playing up to the crowd and he kept setting parts of himself on fire while we all laughed/cheered. The highlight was when he gave us all a 'aren't I a wag' look and set light to the person in front of him's shorts (I'm not making this up). The bloke on fire eventually noticed and took it in good grace/put it out.

Milllenials: this was what Glasto was like in the mid 90s (a bit like Mad Max).

Ah, the mid 90s...dancing outside chip vans all night.

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

ha, I don't remember it being Daft punk being stopped but I am sure it happened a few times in the dance tent though. Obviously it was.

Back left hand speaker is where I was though

I loved that dance tent

Remember going to the dance tent in 98 (I think) and it was empty/stank of shit. Was straight after they'd tried to suck all the mud out with the toilet emptying machine, pressed blow by accident and filled the place with shit (insert own joke about Chase and Status subsequently stinking the place up).