Rock en Seine 2020

OJ_Ketchup

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Has anyone who has been to Rock en Seine before recommend if it's English friendly? I fancy this over seeing Rage at R&L.

I went last year to see Sam Fender and Royal Blood. Was perfectly set up for English people (and those including me with limited French language skills).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

When do we think tickets are going on sale? Don't really fancy R+L for the weekend, and their website makes it look like day tickets for RATM aren't gonna be a thing, so here will be the next best option.

Nevermind, looks like its tomorrow! Imagine they should announce other headliners before tickets go on sale then, no?

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

When do we think tickets are going on sale? Don't really fancy R+L for the weekend, and their website makes it look like day tickets for RATM aren't gonna be a thing, so here will be the next best option.

There are day tickets for Rage @ R+L, I imagine it's the only day that's gonna sell out.

Edited by BenG92
  • Like 1

I would say the festival is definitely English-friendly, you’ll always find someone to help you, it has quite developed over the last few years but is still fairly human-sized, chill etc

As for accommodation,  it is easier to get to the site using the subway, so I reckon any airbnb along the line will do 

again, I’m pretty sure you’ll have a good time :)

27 minutes ago, Set said:

Does anybody know how much a Tuesday ticket will cost?

Regular price for Tuesday ticket is 89.95 EUR, early entry is 99.95 EUR, early entry + golden pit is 115.95 EUR, and early entry + golden pit + secret garden is 135.95 EUR. The tickets, also the three-day ones, are much more expensive than previous years.

Edited by -Roger-
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -Roger- said:

Regular price for Tuesday ticket is 89.95 EUR, early entry is 99.95 EUR, early entry + golden pit is 115.95 EUR, and early entry + golden pit + secret garden is 135.95 EUR. The tickets, also the three-day ones, are much more expensive than previous years.

Thanks a lot! I think it's so fucking stupid when you have to pay extra for the frontrow (golden pit) at concerts and festivals. Lame ass shit. People with more money get a better view.

43 minutes ago, Set said:

Thanks a lot! I think it's so fucking stupid when you have to pay extra for the frontrow (golden pit) at concerts and festivals. Lame ass shit. People with more money get a better view.

Shit, is that what golden pit is? I assumed it was some poncy lounge bar area, not the front of the crowd. 

7 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Shit, is that what golden pit is? I assumed it was some poncy lounge bar area, not the front of the crowd. 

I'm not sure, never been at Rock en Seine. 
But at some concerts you have 'golden circle'. So I think Golden Pit is the same? 
Maybe someone else knows exactly (Roger?)

1 hour ago, Set said:

I'm not sure, never been at Rock en Seine. 
But at some concerts you have 'golden circle'. So I think Golden Pit is the same? 
Maybe someone else knows exactly (Roger?)

I think they had a main stage premium view area last year, for the first time, but I didn't even notice it. It may be larger or placed differently this year, though, especially with the recent RATM mania. Golden Pit is probably a more fitting description than Golden Circle, at least at a RATM concert. 😁

Edited by -Roger-
  • Upvote 1

On 2/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, jump said:

Has anyone who has been to Rock en Seine before recommend if it's English friendly? I fancy this over seeing Rage at R&L.

Went in 2014 for QOTSA very English Friendly and dead easy to get too on the metro (basically end of the line (10?) and walk a bit). Still to this day it's the only fest i've been too where I saw three guys outside the entrance downing some champagne. If it hasn't changed since 2014 it is a surprisingly nice site. Doesn't feel like you are in a city festival at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Okay, ticket sale is soon. So, am I able to buy tickets for other people and is the golden pit actually worth it? 

Given the relatively small differential in price and the massive attendance I’d say yes it’s definitely worth it if you can get them. They will sell out very fast.