Weather

Cadski

6 hours ago, Brandohoff said:

Due to its location, it’s rare you get 4 days without any rain, that high up in the lakes. Usually gets muddy. Probably had 1/2 years where it hasn’t turned into a pure mud bath. 

I have been lucky, had some good weekends there. Just wondering how the last 2 years were.

2 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Muddy. Mainstage got cancelled for a period last year. Think it was 1 or 2 songs into sea girls set because of the weather 

Bloody hell. Fingers crossed for this year. Looking forward to it already. 

Watched Jonny Marr on a Sunday at Kendal just as the sun set behind the stage , twas the best memory of any festival. That and James opening on the Thursday night one year. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:11 PM, Cadski said:

Ye bad clothing not bad weather.

I try to go with this attitude but the rain on Saturday last year made it a real slog getting around Saturday night and Sunday. 

I ended up missing lots on Saturday and sheltering in the bar. They can’t control the weather but unfortunately it’s nearly always really muddy.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Wilko888 said:

I’ve been 3 times now to the festival each time it’s been very wet and muddy (not complaining) has there ever been a fully dry festival in its history?

We had 3 years at Lakefest without a drop of rain up till last year where it never stopped. Wash out. Storms and all nearly lost the pop top on campervan.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:33 PM, Wilko888 said:

I’ve been 3 times now to the festival each time it’s been very wet and muddy (not complaining) has there ever been a fully dry festival in its history?

I only remember one dry and mud free year. Plenty of individual dry days but a days heavy rain during the festival and the ground can’t handle it.

Ive witnessed the festival staff doing a brilliant job with wood chipping etc and opening up access to different bits of the site to help people move around.

Dont know if the weather in the last few years has just been wetter or if the increasing capacity has made things worse. Possibly a combination of them both 🤷‍♂️

On 2/8/2020 at 11:33 PM, Wilko888 said:

10 to 13 were all good. 14 was a mudbath. Think 15 was rather damp. 16 can't really remember. 17 not bad, 18 slightly mudbath, 19 ended underwater.