Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds...

gooner1990

I was gonna watch noel, not a huge fan but like a few songs and thought it would be good idea for getting a good macca spot but after watching that video above I dont think I'll enjoy his set. Hopefully the hour from when he finishes to when macca starts should be enough time to get a good spot ? also will stop the need for any toilet needs during macca

On 6/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, The Nal said:

First proper gig in 2 1/2 years last night. Brought some Oasis tunes 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2022/margam-park-port-talbot-wales-63b4f60b.html

I’d be really into this set list. Never gonna get the perfect one especially when it comes to picking the Oasis songs but I’d enjoy that a lot.

Was at the Margate gig on Wednesday. Fucking phenomenal. Only just really recovering. Support from Confidence Man was wonderful. Such energy and well worth catching live (they're on The Park Friday afternoon).

Was off of a night shift so knackered and operating on reptile brain. Also the first day of my Glasto leave so naturally buzzing with anticipation and relief at not being at work for a while.

There are going to be a lot of hoarse voices come Macca time.

Pace yourselves people.

Couldn't believe they didn't have the funfair rides going (bar one waltzer). They're missing a trick there.

On 6/6/2022 at 4:00 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’d be really into this set list. Never gonna get the perfect one especially when it comes to picking the Oasis songs but I’d enjoy that a lot.

Same here. Though I don’t doubt the Glastonbury set will be shorter, and have more Oasis.

• Upvote 1

Not a single song of Chasing Yesterday? 

Heat of the Moment is his top streamed on Spotify, and Ballad of The Mighty I would have gone down good. Oh well, looking forward to it either way. Will this be the beggest singalong ever at Glastonbury, from the second half of Noel to the end of Macca? 

8 hours ago, plaskins said:

Not a single song of Chasing Yesterday? 

Heat of the Moment is his top streamed on Spotify, and Ballad of The Mighty I would have gone down good. Oh well, looking forward to it either way. Will this be the beggest singalong ever at Glastonbury, from the second half of Noel to the end of Macca? 

Definitely the biggest sing along for me. My voice is gonna be shagged. Probably do everyone around me a favour to be fair. 

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its basically the same set as he was doibg 3 years or so ago. Barring 2 tunes swapped 

Yup. His Glastonbury set will be shorter though by 4/5 songs but I reckon only 1 Oasis if at all will be dropped. 15/16 at an absolute push if he keeps the interaction down.

Naturally there are some decent one's that Liam doesn't play but also Noels voice naturally isn't as strong for Oasis songs as Liam is.

Edited by thewayiam

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Definitely the biggest sing along for me. My voice is gonna be shagged. Probably do everyone around me a favour to be fair. 

Yep, I'm also expecting to have next to no voice left come the end of Saturday night.

13 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Its basically the same set as he was doibg 3 years or so ago. Barring 2 tunes swapped 

The Masterplan and Talk Tonight are out in comparison to the one I saw in 2019, but Whatever is in. And as said elsewhere, bit light on his earlier solo stuff.

Would expect a couple of the Who Built the Moon lesser known tracks to make way, maybe Keep on Reaching and (unfortunately) She Taught me how to fly, which is my favourite HFB song. 

perhaps lose Rattling Rose and Wandering Star too. 

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Last time I saw him was 4 years ago.

This was the setlist (admittedly this set is longer, but the Oasis tunes are the same (barring go let it out)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2018/o2-ritz-manchester-england-2beb80ba.html

That was an unbelievable gig - full album (an album I loved) and tiny venue. Best I've seen him. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Wish he’d do The Right Stuff. I think it’s one of his best songs. 

He did that on the 2018 shows - sounded good but lost the crowd a bit 

26 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The Masterplan and Talk Tonight are out in comparison to the one I saw in 2019, but Whatever is in. And as said elsewhere, bit light on his earlier solo stuff.

Would expect a couple of the Who Built the Moon lesser known tracks to make way, maybe Keep on Reaching and (unfortunately) She Taught me how to fly, which is my favourite HFB song. 

They’re the two I’d love to see back in. Not keen on his take on Whatever. Surprised Dying of the Light and In the heat of the moment aren’t in there but maybe he’ll mix it up at the Big G.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Last time I saw him was 4 years ago.

This was the setlist (admittedly this set is longer, but the Oasis tunes are the same (barring go let it out)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2018/o2-ritz-manchester-england-2beb80ba.html

I was at that. Amazing gig but the setlist can't really be compared with him playing Who Built The Moon in full first.

I love Everybody's On The Run to get an airing, can't see it though.

Wandering Star is a head scratcher for me, rest of the set is great

44 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I will be absolutely fucking gutted if he doesn't do those two.

Yeah Masterplan is the one I'm hoping for! He has said he'll go Oasis heavy for this set, hopefully get one or 2 early on as well as load at the end. My voice usual goes on the Thursday so hoping a days rest on the Friday and i'll be good to go again Saturday night! 

Was also at that Ritz gig, absolute sweat box that night!

23 minutes ago, Ged Devereux said:

Yeah Masterplan is the one I'm hoping for! He has said he'll go Oasis heavy for this set, hopefully get one or 2 early on as well as load at the end. My voice usual goes on the Thursday so hoping a days rest on the Friday and i'll be good to go again Saturday night! 

Was also at that Ritz gig, absolute sweat box that night!

You got a link to that? (not questioning it, just interested to read/listen)

3 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

They’re the two I’d love to see back in. Not keen on his take on Whatever. Surprised Dying of the Light and In the heat of the moment aren’t in there but maybe he’ll mix it up at the Big G.

He didn't even play Dying of the Light at his gig for Dying of the Light.

Does anyone find the criticisms of Noel a bit OTT? I feel like people will go out of their way to tell you how they’re not into Oasis or the solo stuff as if to be of some sort of elitist music taste. Are they really any more middle of the road than say Foo Fighters who seem to get a lot of love or The Killers?