Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds...

gooner1990

17 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Is that the radio 2 one on YouTube? Never actually seen it before but that looks  brilliant I’ll listen to that soon.

I think that’s when Noel is at his best, just him and an acoustic guitar. That set list is off the scale good 

Yeh on YouTube, Jo Wiley introduces it. It's absolutely incredible all the way through. Genius.

• Upvote 1

On the in-between songs lines and banter front, hope we get a happy Noel and not a miserable one as he can be.. I think he'll be made up to be playing and won't be too bored or tired from an extensive tour so should be on good form hopefully. 

On 5/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, fraybentos1 said:

Is that the radio 2 one on YouTube? Never actually seen it before but that looks  brilliant I’ll listen to that soon.

I think that’s when Noel is at his best, just him and an acoustic guitar. That set list is off the scale good 

This is my favourite, a freebie from the Times from years ago, probably listened to it more than I have any NGHFB / Oasis / Beady Eye album. Love it, maybe it's the inclusion of a duet with Weller on the Butterfly Collector.

Image 1 - Noel Gallagher THE DREAMS WE HAVE AS CHILDREN  (see listing for tracks) PROMO CD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boomtowner said:

This is my favourite, a freebie from the Times from years ago, probably listened to it more than I have any NGHFB / Oasis / Beady Eye album. Love it, maybe it's the inclusion of a duet with Weller on the Butterfly Collector.

Image 1 - Noel Gallagher THE DREAMS WE HAVE AS CHILDREN  (see listing for tracks) PROMO CD

The version of Slide Away on this is sublime

5 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Same! Listened to it so often over the years. Still have the cd on my shelf but glad it's on Spotify now as I can blend it into playlists

• 2 weeks later...

Has his work cut out for him now with his bro putting in the setlists like last night in the Empty and will have played 2 nights in Knebworth.

A load of HFB stuff followed by Little by Little, Stop Crying Your Heart out and Dont Look Back in anger isnt going to cut it. 

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Has his work cut out for him now with his bro putting in the setlists like last night in the Empty and will have played 2 nights in Knebworth.

A load of HFB stuff followed by Little by Little, Stop Crying Your Heart out and Dont Look Back in anger isnt going to cut it. 

Over 2,000 tickets on Twickets for the gigs at Knebworth selling for less than 60% of face value.

Interested to see the setlist on his first gig Saturday, not to say he won't change it up for Glastonbury - I imagine he will, given the time restriction.

It's a weird one with Liam & Noel at this point. I think the majority of Noel's solo stuff is brilliant, Liam's hit & miss - particularly the latest one which just isn't very good, bar the odd tune.

The problem with Noel live is that there's only a small portion of the Oasis tunes that actually work with his voice, unlike Liam - who can belt out 90%. I was there last night, it's mad that he can still play to an audience of that size at this point.

I'm an obsessive fan so I'll be in the front pit for Noel, regardless of the set. Interested to see how it goes down though

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

He did an interview last year where he talking about Glastonbury and said he’d play a lot more Oasis. He’s been round the houses long enough to know what expected.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

He did an interview last year where he talking about Glastonbury and said he’d play a lot more Oasis. He’s been round the houses long enough to know what expected.

Googled it trying to find the interiew and stumbled on this

Even for the Scum this is bad

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/8303717/noel-gallagher-perform-glastonbury-2022/

IT’S been almost three years since Noel Gallagher made his debut at Glastonbury with his brother Liam as part of Oasis.

A source said: “Noel has never played a music gig at Glastonbury outside of Oasis who performed twice there".

From 41 mins 10 seconds

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Googled it trying to find the interiew and stumbled on this

Even for the Scum this is bad

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/8303717/noel-gallagher-perform-glastonbury-2022/

IT’S been almost three years since Noel Gallagher made his debut at Glastonbury with his brother Liam as part of Oasis.

A source said: “Noel has never played a music gig at Glastonbury outside of Oasis who performed twice there".

From 41 mins 10 seconds

Christ on a bike, Google it. I’m sure working for the Scum leaves you with little will to live and endless self loathing but at least take 10 seconds to research your dates

Edited by MEGABOWL

I'm in 2 minds about this set.  I really liked early Oasis.  I really liked his first 2 solo albums.  I'm luke warm on the rest,  He's a massive bell end.  I'll need to be there earlyish for a good spot for Macca.  No real clash issues.  He's been a huge critic of the festival.  The crowd will contain an above average percentage of sad Oasis devotees (see also: c**ts).

I reckon I'll be there but slightly trepidatious about it.

25 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm in 2 minds about this set.  I really liked early Oasis.  I really liked his first 2 solo albums.  I'm luke warm on the rest,  He's a massive bell end.  I'll need to be there earlyish for a good spot for Macca.  No real clash issues.  He's been a huge critic of the festival.  The crowd will contain an above average percentage of sad Oasis devotees (see also: c**ts).

He genuinely loves the festival - honestly since the Jay-z stuff he's said a lot of good stuff about it.

If you liked the first two solo albums, and presumably like some of the Oasis tracks he might play, plus haven't seen him before then I doubt you'll find it offensive, and probably actually enjoy it.

Also the type of Oasis devotees I'm guessing you mean don't seem to like him, especially now Liam is about. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

21 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

He genuinely loves the festival - honestly since the Jay-z stuff he's said a lot of good stuff about it.

If you liked the first two solo albums, and presumably like some of the Oasis tracks he might play, plus haven't seen him before then I doubt you'll find it offensive, and probably actually enjoy it.

Also the type of Oasis devotees I'm guessing you mean don't seem to like him, especially now Liam is about. 

I've been to both LG and NG solo and the piss chucking pricks are far more common at Liam than Noel. 

And I don't just say that because I nearly got into my only Glastonbury fight at the other stage after someone chucked piss. 

10 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Seems the only reason hes doing gigs this month is to warm up for Glasto, which is his late show this year it looks like. 

Not a fan of his solo stuff at all, or his voice really but cant think of anyone with more well known anthems since, well, Macca.