Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds...

gooner1990

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Was expecting to look at the comments of this and see people taking the piss and calling him out for the idiot that he is but it’s all people praising him for ‘telling it like it is’ and sticking it to the man. Fucking hell. This virus has truly caused the idiots of the world to be put on full display, and the worst thing is is they all think they’ve exposed a worldwide conspiracy and are all the smarter for it.

It's like when homer set his high school diploma on fire while singing how smart he was

Edit: ha, posted before I saw the gif further down the page😂

Edited by Mr.Tease

On 9/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, ClementsMike said:

Liam and Bonehead have both made pro mask statements via SM in response. Fair to say they are at least reading the room better than Noel.

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I, along with all right thinking people, was waiting for Bonehead's take on masks before forming my own opinion

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

FB_IMG_1600867987800.jpg

What a prick this guy is turning out to be...

Fact check: globally there are about 32million cases, and nearly 1 million deaths. This puts survival at about 97% (a conservative estimate as that assumes everyone who currently has it _won't_ die).

If everyone in the UK got it, we'd be looking at about 2 million dead.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Rock operas aren’t for everyone. 

Yeah well you know what? Maybe I would listen if the Turbidians had some reason to enter the Cave of Swollen Dreams that didn't break the pact they made in act one with Queen Darneesa. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 1 year later...

Not much love for this guy round here. I'd love him to open with do the damage. Nobody since the 90s has had it really imo he's a genuine legend and a magpie. Give me your most wanted tracks or setlist?. Here's my dream bases on an hour and 15

Do the Damage

Holy mountain

In the heat of the moment

Riverman

Slide away

Black Star dancing

Whatever

Talk tonight

This is the place

Ballad of the mighty I

What a life

A dream is all I need to get by

Flying on the ground

We're on our way now

She's electric

Wonderwall

Encorish...

The masterplan

Don't look back in anger

All you need is love (cover)

Forgot about the sleepy ones like dying of the light and if I had a gun. Stranded on the wrong beach or the death of you and me would be welcome though.  Guess he has to play what a life too. I'll add that actually. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, plaskins said:

Not much love for this guy round here. I'd love him to open with do the damage. Nobody since the 90s has had it really imo he's a genuine legend and a magpie. Give me your most wanted tracks or setlist?. Here's my dream bases on an hour and 15

Do the Damage

Holy mountain

In the heat of the moment

Riverman

Slide away

Black Star dancing

Whatever

Talk tonight

This is the place

Ballad of the mighty I

What a life

A dream is all I need to get by

Flying on the ground

We're on our way now

She's electric

Wonderwall

Encorish...

The masterplan

Don't look back in anger

All you need is love (cover)

Forgot about the sleepy ones like dying of the light and if I had a gun. Stranded on the wrong beach or the death of you and me would be welcome though.  Guess he has to play what a life too. I'll add that actually. 

Fair play, it's the popular opinion to knock him, I feel like i'm in a minority but I really can't wait to see Noel finally do the Pyramid Solo, it seemed like he was never going to do it after being absent for so many years, despite being active and putting new material out. I'd assumed that he'd had a falling out with the festival, or couldn't agree over money. He'll be great on the main stage, especially subbing PM.

If I Had A Gun is my favourite solo track of his, it'll be a real moment! 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Franco Baresi said:

Fair play, it's the popular opinion to knock him, I feel like i'm in a minority but I really can't wait to see Noel finally do the Pyramid Solo, it seemed like he was never going to do it after being absent for so many years, despite being active and putting new material out. I'd assumed that he'd had a falling out with the festival, or couldn't agree over money. He'll be great on the main stage, especially subbing PM.

I may be crying all the water out of my body to this.

I caught him at IOW in 2019, really impressed and his HFB stuff is really good i think. Definitely will be there on the farm, far better than Liam live i think (and in the studio, obviously)

4 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

It's a decent song but that's largely because it's the tamed down version of Wonderwall. I think if you've heard him do it once then you can just listen to the real thing.

5 hours ago, Franco Baresi said:

Perhaps he wanted to hold out as long as he could to see if they’d ask him to headline

Maybe Liam building up a strong relationship with the festival made him jealous?

Who knows