Everybody's gonna dance tonight
Everybody gonna feel alright
Everybody gonna dance around tonight
Yeah, everybody gonna jump and shout
Everybody's gonna

Paul Mcartney just dance lyrics, I would argue they are the worst of all time

it's no frog song is it ?

5 minutes ago, SoundsofSmith said:

Very true - I saw Liam back in November and it was very messy in multiple ways. But I actually prefer Noel's sound, just hoping I don't get bored. Think he needs to adjust his setlist too many NGHFB stuff at the beginning - most of which the majority of the crowd just dont know. 

Can't say I have a preference between them tbh, depends what mood I am in haha, but that Liam gig fell a bit flat as well compared to other times, his voice didn't sound the greatest on the night.

100% agree on what you say about Noel though, at the Blenheim gig it felt like no one knew his solo stuff around us and were just waiting towards the end of the gig for the big Oasis songs, so I would be happy with a change up to add a couple more in earlier in the set, but it doesn't massively bother me cause as I said I like his solo stuff. But it seemed to surprise people that I was singing all his solo stuff at the start of the gig, woman behind me said she was shocked as I seemed young, and she didn't think I would know that much of his solo stuff and assumed I was just there to hear the Oasis stuff

1 hour ago, ModBoy said:

Makes no sense, might as well of been a standing gig anyway, didn't see one person sitting, so don't see how he can moan had much more space than he would of if it was actually a standing gig, but yeah a lot of miserable people there, saying that in the grounds of Blenheim Palace there seemed to be many people who wasn't and were up for a chat and a laugh 

We were in the expensive seats towards the front (£80 ish) and of course what people did was not stand at their allocated seat but in the aisles in the middle to get a better view towards the front, people who had seats near the front then complained that others were ruining it for them by standing too close. 'I've paid £80 to have my own seat not you virtually stood in it'

As it turns out by the end he was fine and even shook my hand on the way out (think he realised he had overreacted - perhaps his wife said something to him as she was getting embarrassed)

Should have just been a free standing gig with a golden circle, but I wonder if the licence didn't allow that?

I also agree that there were far too many people just there waiting for the Oasis songs at the end and standing around drinking and chatting. Shame.

Edited by gooner1990

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:
Everybody gonna dance tonight
Everybody gonna dance around
Everybody gonna hit the ground
Well, you can come on to my place if you want to
You can do anything you want to do
Everybody gonna dance tonight
Well, you can come on to my place if you want to
You can do anything you want to do
Everybody gonna stamp their feet
Everybody's gonna feel the beat
Everybody's gonna dance tonight
Yeah, everybody gonna jump and shout
Everybody's gonna

Paul Mcartney just dance lyrics, I would argue they are the worst of all time

it's no frog song is it ?

Yep, that lyric is pure shite too

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I really don't understand how Noel can be a sub of Glastonbury 50th (and with his brother subbing last year). Million of debates about "big enough" to have him (I am not saying it's bad, but it's far away to be any TOP). Just my opinion :)

He and his brother were the focal points of one of the biggest bands this country has ever produced. That’s why he’s subbing.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I really don't understand how Noel can be a sub of Glastonbury 50th (and with his brother subbing last year). Million of debates about "big enough" to have him (I am not saying it's bad, but it's far away to be any TOP). Just my opinion :)

It’s the Gallagher name mate.

I am also convinced that a large majority of people check a gallagher out “just in case”

do you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I am also convinced that a large majority of people check a gallagher out “just in case”

do you know what I mean?

I think a large majority of people “check a Gallagher out” because of the litany great tunes they’re likely to play. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

do you know what I mean?

Just in case of what? An Oasis reunion? Like them or not, they're British music legends who play some of the biggest, most recognisable and most loved tunes in British music history. So there's that...

Nice pun btw.

Edited by The Martini Police

On 2/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, ModBoy said:

I agree with you to an extent, as someone who has seen both Weller and Noel live multiple times, there are times I wish they would play more of their hits, especially Weller as I am too young to of ever seen The Jam, so have never and will likely never have the enjoyment of seen some of their songs live, but I also like a lot of his solo stuff and understand he is someone that doesn't look to the past much and just focuses on the music he is making at the time and if people don't like it he doesn't seem to really care, and I can appreciate that, so he will never change. I do agree with you that Noel is slowly becoming the same, slowly just pushing out more Oasis songs from his setlists or at least it seems that way to me to focus on the music he is making now, and push that heavily to his audience as well. For Oasis classics I got to Liam's gigs as he is someone that lives in the past and is always about Oasis...the gigs are polar opposites but I know what I am getting from each of them. I do however like that Noel occasionally changes what Oasis song's he does play, obviously there are the staples of DLBIA etc. but is willing to mix others around. Whereas Weller seems to always play the same The Jam songs, which I do wish he would rotate from time to time.

I do agree that those acoustic videos are amazing! and show just how talented he is. I feel his 1st and 3rd albums were great, the 2nd didn't do as much for me but there are tunes on there I like. I am happy with his change of direction with his 3rd album, showing he isn't a one trick pony and that he wants to get away from that Oasis sound

Here is the set list last time I saw him (At Blenheim Palace), and what a gig it was even with 6 Oasis songs out of 22:

Fort Knox

Holy Mountain

Keep On Reaching

It's a Beautiful World

In the Heat of the Moment

Riverman

Ballad of the Mighty I

If I Had a Gun...

Dream On

Little by Little (Oasis cover)

The Importance of Being Idle (Oasis cover)

If Love Is the Law

Dead in the Water

Be Careful What You Wish For

She Taught Me How to Fly

Half the World Away (Oasis cover)

Wonderwall (Oasis cover)

AKA... What a Life!

Encore:

The Right Stuff

Go Let It Out (Oasis cover)

Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis cover)

All You Need Is Love (The Beatles cover)

I am hoping he subs Macca, cause what a run that would be of singalongs (Fingers crossed)

Precisely (and possibly note for note) the same setlist I witnessed at Brighton in 2018 (the last time I saw them).

I hope he'll mix it up a bit if he's booked. He'll be a hypocrite if he doesn't won't he? Given that, "It's a festival. Play the Hits and fuck off"", quote?

Had previously seen NGHFB at Wembley, The 02 and Brixton Academy.

Brixton was a great gig. In hindsight mainly though. At the time I was really knackered, had an ear infection, and got really annoyed that the back projections/screens were way, way out of synch (like they were still set up for people a mile back at a festival). 

But A tiny, intimate venue in comparison. Great setlist, great special guests, and, I'm pretty sure I met The Beckhams and didn't realise until I'd got home. A work colleague pointed out to me that they had been there. I'm sure I'd mistaken Posh as an old acquaintance from home and treated her as such.when she'd smiled at me (possibly 'cause I was staring whilst thinking, "don't I know you from somewhere?"). I may have enquired if she was Tracey and what happened to her old boyfriend from my Primary school :ph34r:.

And I'd had to really fight for that day off from work against the works golf club. Long story.

The youtube videos of that gig sound way better than I remember the sound being at the time. This still does my head in. Despite having an ear infection. How tf do mobile phone recordings sound so pristine? They're are some great composite videos of said Brighton gig out there also.

I mainly agree with you. NG and PW are of course free to do whatever the fuck the like. It's always the same Jam songs with PW.

The Jam split up when I was at school. I've still never really forgiven PW for that. Like a teenage girl with Robbie and Take That I am. 

I had the chance to buy six tickets for one of his solo gigs in an intimate venue once, which I could have easily sold for multiples of profit, but didn't 'cause I was still pissed that he'd kind of just abandoned the stuff that made people like him in the first place.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, ClementsMike said:

I'm not sure NG will completely follow the Weller career path, but its natural that the early hits will peter out as the solo work continues. Regarding Weller, its not like his solo work is irrelevant, most albums charted at No 1, other were close, and his solo tours pretty much always sell out. He plays enough Jam and TSC to keep the gammons happy but he has been solo longer than any other period of his career. Anyone who 'gets' him will know this. I saw him at a Forest gig last summer where a large number of folk there were locals who take a picnic along to anyone they might of heard of .... there was a lot of blank faces through much of his set when they weren't getting 'Snap' .

Regarding Liam - yep plenty of Oasis hits and I haven't counted but whenever I've seen him its been a big part about the new/solo work, yes the new stuff is derivitive, but the gigs are not just greatest hits sets of the 'sis. 

But give us Saturdays Kids, Thick as Thieves , Burning Sky, Start!, That's Entertainment, Pretty Green, Man In The Corner Shop and Boy About Town.

Setting Sons and Sound Affects are where it's at.

Regarding Liam.

He's doing all the belters that Noel doesn't play anymore. Saw him support The Stones and have whined lengthily here about sound bleed spoiling it for me at you know where.  

Rock 'n' Roll Star

What's The Story (Morning Glory)

Some Might Say

C&E

I'd love to see NG bring these back for a one off at you know where.

Can we have Weller into Gallagher into McCartney please?

Liam does play the better more rock n roll Oasis songs but then again he is the voice of these songs so it works, he just needs to band to play behind him. Noel’s voice is very different so not sure how they would sound if he tried belting them out, I quite like going to see them seperately at their gigs as you know what you’re getting and they’re very different gigs, and no overlap on oasis covers. 

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Can we have Weller into Gallagher into McCartney please?

In the NGHFB > Macca chat, Weller is being overlooked. New album due, touring around then and subbed the Who previously, looks fairly sure he’ll be there this year? My wife asked Andy Croft’s about it but he gave nothing away.

* I also wait now for the Wellend bantz 

Edited by ClementsMike

Weller must be in with a shout - festival regular (first played 1985), new album out, hasn’t been on the farm in 5 years. 
For me he’s one of those acts like the Manics - I’ve see loads of times (saw The Jam twice), mainly at festivals, and don’t get me overly excited about seeing but always enjoy it when I do.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Feel bad for all the NHS staff who had to battle through the first wave, exhausted and all the people who lost loved ones or are battling long term health problems. Then you have these thick tossers who not only did f*** all to help, nope, they have to go one step further and actively try to make things worse and more difficult for those who have to pick up the pieces.