Shangri la Gas tower

marathonsteve

17 minutes ago, SoundsofSmith said:

what is that called or whereabouts is it? I want to make sure i visit early hours in the morning when i'm in chillout mode lol

The Gas tower. It was near Truth stage.

I never went in but it was always pretty banging whenever I went past last year

Edited by Sweet_pea
Hell is now Truth

Saw Max Cooper there who was very good. Really wanted to see The Light Surgeons - AV set who are always good but was sadly elsewhere having fun

Passed by every now and then and  the visuals were normally very good

Edit - Just noticed the The Light Surgeons did a set in 2017 as well, so if the Gas Tower is there again then hoping to catch them, although they are at headliner time and will be watching Taylor

Edited by fred quimby

Got into Shangs earlyish on the Friday night in 2017 and saw Sly-One and some others there, really cool venue! 

DJ Yoda did his Stranger Things AV set, which was brilliant. I didn't watch the TV show at the time, but went out to the bar and came back and he played The Smiths followed by The Cure and then The Clash - such a great ten minutes or so.

Ended up there again about 5 hours later for Eats Everything doing a rave set at 6 or 7am. Zombies everywhere (including me).

26 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Got into Shangs earlyish on the Friday night in 2017 and saw Sly-One and some others there, really cool venue! 

DJ Yoda did his Stranger Things AV set, which was brilliant. I didn't watch the TV show at the time, but went out to the bar and came back and he played The Smiths followed by The Cure and then The Clash - such a great ten minutes or so.

Ended up there again about 5 hours later for Eats Everything doing a rave set at 6 or 7am. Zombies everywhere (including me).

That Stranger Things AV set was a highlight of 2017. Ditching the Radiohead snooze fest for the Gas Tower was definitely the right call

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it gone last year? Is that why I didn't make it? 🤣

It must have been there last year but I didn't go to it either as too much to do

Last year saw the Gas Tower dance arena be built from plastic litter collected from beaches, parks and streets across the South-West – thanks to a ground-breaking collaboration between Keep Britain Tidy, Orca Sound Project and Glastonbury’s Shangri-La.

14 hours ago, Badlands said:

Turned up for Bicep with them due on in ten minutes. Never seen a place get so busy so quickly - it's like everyone turned up on the hour. Lasted ten minutes until scarpering elsewhere!!

I was in there for most of the set and you didn't miss much. 

I walked past one night when I think Altern8 were on and it was wicked. 

5 hours ago, zeppelin said:

I was in there for most of the set and you didn't miss much. 

I walked past one night when I think Altern8 were on and it was wicked. 

Same. Bicep was a bit too busy, way too shove-y. There must be a sweet spot at the Gas Tower where you can avoid the constant stream of people coming and going?

4 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

get right in the middle!

I was! At least, I think I was. Need a giant protractor to figure that one out.

4 hours ago, Airlie said:

If I remember correctly, every time I went in it was just drum and bass. This is an issue I run into a lot in Sharngrila! More dance, less drum and bass please! 

Where is the best late-night spot for some good house/party techno? NYC is always a good time, but I just don't think I can handle the queues this year...

I ended up catching that Wonka-vision takeover (or something similarly named) in there on the Sunday last year, I was on my last legs by this point but it was your decent tech-housey, club kinda thing, I had a decent enough time, will go back there for the right DJ/Act that’s of a similar vibe 

Edited by Obiginnaw