Glamping options

CH0161

Just curious why would he not manage camping in the normal camping fields with you?  Loads of people of different ages manage it including 60 /70 year olds! Unless you don’t want him camping with you ?? Less walking to be done inside the fence!  Hope he has a great time wherever he ends up. 
there also maybe more Worthy View camping available in the resales. 

Over the years i've camped on site and glamped at almost every option, worthy view, tangerine fields, love fields and one i dont recall the name of as well as both campervan fields and the last two on site. 

The first using camplight on pennards hill and last year camping in Baileys. 

Off site adds A LOT of walking to the day and prevents nipping back for a rest. most of them are still just a tent (could be a nice tent mind) with a little more space. The bonus of a shower is a good one but in all honesty not a deal breaker. 

if i was to rate them i'd say a campervan wins for comfort then on site camping with a good camp bed, pillow duvet or bedding of choice.

Getting set up on site is the only poor point but once done is great.

Being able to go back and rest for an hour or so is the best option. The heat last year (was amazing) made a rest in the afternoon essential for me.

If  the wife comes this year i'll use a campervan. If its just me and my daughters then i'll camp on site and save myself the money and the extra walking!

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:36 PM, CH0161 said:

Does anyone know if there’s any glamping options left that are within walking distance of the site ?
It’s for my Dad who is 60 this year(first time at Glasto) so could do him being as close as possible. 

If your Dad isn't short of a few bob, Windinglake has availability:

https://www.windinglake.co.uk/home/price-calculator/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...