Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

My first night in hospital was pretty manic. There was a lot going on in my ward and I could only see a small part of what was going on. 

I have great respect for anyone working in hospitals now after seeing first hand some of the crap they have to deal with. 

There's a great deal of crap and even more stress, including the occasional assault. The latter can happen on wards, not just in A&E, as experienced by Mrs Lycra. 

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Schools, work offices, other work places including  pubs, shops, etc. 

Yes for sure those may be given individual choice on whether to close or not, but closing an essential mode of transport for an entire city would have quite an impact.

59 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Uhoh. Matt Hancock talking about limiting ‘public gatherings’

France have done it in the affected areas but that's over 100 cases. If it happens, will happen now. I personally think it's unlikely overall.

9 minutes ago, Gilb said:

Yes for sure those may be given individual choice on whether to close or not, but closing an essential mode of transport for an entire city would have quite an impact.

I agree with you entirely. I was just pointing out that it might get more extensive than just the public transport system.

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I agree with you entirely. I was just pointing out that it might get more extensive than just the public transport system.

Lets hope it doesn't get that far. That's a Hollywood disaster movie script in the making.

As a contractor working in London, I don't get in - I don't get paid. So I'm watching events closely 🤓

We seem to have come a long way in 72hrs when some suggested hysteria was taking hold......and that's not just 24 pages. We all hope the virus fizzles out soon and none of the restrictions which those in authority are softening up the population for are necessary. We appear pretty lucky so far in Europe that a major population centre (city) has not been hit 🤞

Please note that I do not, in any way, find the following funny. However, I've now seen it now, and cannot unsee it. I thought I'd spread it (a little like the coronavirus) in the hope that I can join my fellow afflicted in some sort of self help group type thing. I know it's selfish of me, but there's no way I'm wandering through life on me tod with this affliction;

Image may contain: 2 people, text

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for you, and I'm sorry for me. I'm just so sorry.

1 hour ago, whitehorses said:

Uhoh. Matt Hancock talking about limiting ‘public gatherings’

Imagine the chaos that would cause? All football cancelled, Liverpool don’t win the PL after all, Euros in doubt, Six Nations too. All larger concerts postponed or cancelled, festivals cancelling and potentially unable to recover financially. 

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Please note that I do not, in any way, find the following funny. However, I've now seen it now, and cannot unsee it. I thought I'd spread it (a little like the coronavirus) in the hope that I can join my fellow afflicted in some sort of self help group type thing. I know it's selfish of me, but there's no way I'm wandering through life on me tod with this affliction;

Image may contain: 2 people, text

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for you, and I'm sorry for me. I'm just so sorry.

No need for an un-funny disclaimer on that.

Thats funny.

But surely that's Frank Butcher? Definitely not Pat though.

image.png.3d53574d8cbc96e9ca67427610cb01f5.png

Had a conversation with someone at work regarding closing of schools/offices.

What about those on 0 hour jobs who wont get paid for the time they're closed? Or what about the single parents whose jobs don't get closed but their kids school does. Its going to cause a lot of problems. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The prerequisite for a joke to be a joke is that it's funny. 

But who gets to decide if the joke is funny? You? 

You could tell any joke ever written and there will be someone out there who finds it offensive. Do you really want to ban all jokes? 

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

But who gets to decide if the joke is funny? You? 

You could tell any joke ever written and there will be someone out there who finds it offensive. Do you really want to ban all jokes? 

I'm prepared to answer your questions, if you'll be polite enough to answer the ones that I asked of you initially.

Just now, Henrik said:

Because if you were offended by the Paul McCartney joke you would be horrified at what you would hear in a comedy club. 

Did I say I was offended at any point?  Or have you just leapt to that conclusion?

I’m not even vaguely offended, I just find the act of saying juvenile shite on the internet for a rise rather sad.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm prepared to answer your questions, if you'll be polite enough to answer the ones that I asked of you initially.

Oh sorry, I forgot you asked. The original joke was removed before I had a chance to read it. I did find the Paul McCartney joke funny.  

11 minutes ago, Gilb said:

No need for an un-funny disclaimer on that.

Thats funny.

I'm really not sure. I think I may have had a wry smile to myself on looking at it for the first time, but can't quite recall properly. I went to bed pissed up at 5am this morning, and was back on it again at 8am. So, I'm not in the right shape to even be on this forum right now.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Did I say I was offended at any point?  Or have you just leapt to that conclusion?

I’m not even vaguely offended, I just find the act of saying juvenile shite on the internet for a rise rather sad.

You said it was a “c**tish thing to say”.

That definitely implies you found it offensive 

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Oh sorry, I forgot you asked. The original joke was removed before I had a chance to read it. I did find the Paul McCartney joke funny.  

I am certainly not the judge, jury, and executioner on what should be deemed as funny or not. In addition, I certainly wouldn't like people to be shackled by the constraints of others in what they find funny, or not. My problem with the original 'joke' isn't that it was funny or not funny. My problem lies with me, and me alone. My problem is that I found the comment made by Chicken Bob to be so painfully cretinous that i couldn't deal with it, and just ignore it, like I probably should have done.